Friday, August 7, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday


~1~

Dh took our new iMac back to the store because it has a noisy fan, and they kept it for "5-7 business days". Then he set up the old pc. In some ways it's like coming home again, but you know what they say. You can't go home again.

Nope. They were right. It's going to be a looooong week as I spend more time than usual on the computer working on American Heritage Girls stuff and getting geared up for school.

~2~

I found a new blog yesterday from some handy hyperlink on someone else's blog. It's insidious, isn't it, the way you blithely click over to see what she's talking about and, suddenly, you're hooked on something new!

This is the NeverNotKnitting blog, and I'm loving it so far. I listened to a podcast and a half while I was doing some schoolwork yesterday. She also has lots of cute, original designs for sale. Most of them are modeled on her adorable toddler, so it's a good thing that I haven't got money or a toddler, or I'd be never not knitting, myself!

~3~

I'm reading a new book these days. I think it was due at the library yesterday, but I didn't return it because I've only been reading it a couple of days. (Yes, I'll renew it today!) It took me almost a month to get started because I didn't get the title or the cover picture. It's called "I Capture the Castle". It was probably a referral from Melissa's blog, which is where I get most of my book recommendations these days.

Now that I'm into it, I'm finding it a charming story. It's told by a teenage, English girl named Cassandra from an interesting, poverty-stricken family that lives in an old castle (are 'old' and 'castle' a little redundant?) in the mid-20th century. It's fascinating as she observes and journals their changing fortunes.

~4~

I've gotten six or seven big squares quilted on the Little Princess's quilt. I'm not going to heavily quilt it---it'll be sort of a cross between hand-tying and quilting. Quilted enough to keep it together and have a design on the back. I'm having fun with it.

~5~

I've discovered there's always something yummy to watch on Food Network while I quilt!

~6~

I think I'm only making it to 6 Quick Takes today. I'm sleepy and ready to get dressed and go have coffee with my dear friend, Carol. She's the first person I met when we moved here 13 years ago, and she's still an inspiration to me, but we don't see each other more than a couple of times a year anymore. It could be a long cup of coffee!

~7~

Have a great August day, ya'll. If you didn't get enough Quick Takes here, stop by Jen's for more!


4 comments:

  1. My mac mini died a few months ago. As much as I would like to have my own computer again, rather than share my husband's laptop with him, I find myself reluctant to enter this contest I saw online for a free laptop. Because it's not a mac. Yes, I know, we are spoiled aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny thing....watching food network while quilting does not help my weight drop...don't know why!

    good for you getting that quilting done! yippee!

    now, where are the pictures??

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so funny, just yesterday i found never knot knitting through tons of click throughs too! that red dress of hers is soooo super cute!
    r

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...