Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Musings

It's Monday, and there are lots of thoughts rolling around inside my brain.  There's the week ahead and what needs to be done.  There's also the HHS mandate from the government and how shocked I am that children, the greatest gift from God, and the ability NOT to have them should be a "free" gift from the government.


We don't have a future without our children.  Do our children know about this issue?  How do they feel about it?  How would you feel if you knew your parents rushed out and got sterilized almost as soon as they found out you were on your way?  Would that make you feel wanted?  Or as if your parents thought:  Darn, we let that one slip by.  We won't let it happen again!


That alone makes me very sad.  The fact that our president wants to take away our religious freedom is downright alarming!  Has everyone forgotten our history studies?  I guess I've been studying/teaching history for so many years that it's pretty well ingrained that our country was founded by people who fled Europe seeking religious freedom.  Remember the Pilgrims?  It's the very definition of the word.  It's one of the things that has made our country so great.

pilgrim |ˈpilgrəm|nouna person who journeys to a sacred place for religious reasons.• (usu. Pilgrim )a member of a group of English Puritans fleeing religious persecution who sailed in the Mayflower and founded the colony of Plymouth, Massachusetts, in 1620.

Scary picture of the inside of Gus's mouth.  Makes me think of the scary jaws of the government seeking to control us.  


Looks like he has a little bug trapped between his teeth.  Could that be the Catholic Church?

He's so adorable when he's asleep.  Makes you forget how very naughty and misguided he can be when he's awake.

Sometimes he's downright dangerous when he doesn't get his way and uses his teeth!


When I started this, I thought that I would just show you pictures that my kids have taken instead of ranting about the government because I'm definitely not a political blogger, but I guess it needed to come out after all.

Sorry.  Maybe a rose will make up for it?


1 comment:

  1. Feeling your pain. I think it's the frustration at feeling helpless that makes it so painful. If we could march on Washington -- take over the city -- at east we'd be DOING something.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...