Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Season Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
It's cloudy, cold, and windy.  We awoke to heavy rains this morning, and the pup was not happy to go out and get soaked and chilled.

I am thinking...
About new projects to attempt this spring.  I can hardly sit still without wishing I had another project to work on, and I do still have projects to work on!

I am thankful...
For all my blessings.  It has been a good year.  There have been lots of stresses this year, and it seems like one of the busiest years I can ever remember, but it has been full of blessings as well.

I'm thankful for having all my kids home for Christmas.  I know that the time will come, sooner than I think, that they won't all be here.

From the learning rooms...
Christmas vacation!  But Tom is spending a lot of time on Khan Academy still.  He's alternating now with his book that he got for Christmas:  The Book of Great Books.  It's sort of the SparkNotes version of lots of books.  A great resource for the academic team.

In the kitchen...
Too many cookies in the kitchen, but we are coming to the end of them.

I am wearing...
Jeans and a sweater topped with the pink/maroon fringed poncho that my grandmother knitted for my mother back in the 1970's.  Yucky acrylic and slightly scratchy, but weirdly comforting.

I am knitting...
I'm crocheting another sleeping mat for the homeless.  I still have one sleeve left to do on the grey pullover, but I'm kind of over it since I bound off the other sleeve and I'm pretty sure it's too short.  So, I'm just not very motivated to work on it knowing that I'll have to take that bind-off out and knit some more.

I am going...
To stay home tomorrow and have time to myself while all the kids go to the movies together.  What will I do?  Clean house?  Declutter? Play loud music and sing?  Or just watch the dog?

I am reading...
My favorite Christmas present:  Lisa Hendey's A Book of Saints for Catholic Moms.
 
I was so excited to get this for Christmas.  I can't decide whether to read through it or just take it day by day for the year.  Do you have it?  What would you do?

I am hearing on my ipod...
The music from our midnight Mass on Christmas since Capt. Jeff recorded it for the choir.  I really enjoyed the music selections, so it's nice to be able to hear them again and sing along!

Around the house...
Christmas lights are on 24/7, and there are still presents lying around in small piles.  I'm trying to relax about housework this week, though the laundry is tough to keep up with with all 8 of us home!  We'll get it cleaned up Saturday for Our Lady's celebration on Sunday.

One of my favorite things...
Sitting around the dinner table with my family having conversations that are sometimes intelligent and sometimes much less so.  I love hearing my husband request a "higher level" but sometimes we really struggle with keeping discussions at a barely tolerable level.  It's fun.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Very few plans except for calling Mr. Transmission and getting him to look at my car again.  :-(

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Gus really needed his little sweater today in the cold rain!  I wrestled it onto him after our wet walk this morning.  He whirled around faster than I've ever seen him, trying to catch it and take it off!  He had no luck and has worn it peacefully all day.

BTW, it's made from the sleeve of a very nice, thrifted, lambswool, JCrew sweater!

Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...