Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Yarn Along

~~~~~~

Entomology is finished!  Or, as I like to call it:  Dragonflies in Amber.

Hooray!
 Here it is unblocked.  See how puckered and ripple-y it is?
 After a nice soak and a night being pinned to the floor it's a lot bigger and flatter.
 Pretty Amazing, right?
 You can see the dragonflies a bit better here, but I guess I still didn't get a great picture of it.  I think it might take another blocking, too since I could see it rippling a litte in the afternoon.  I read that merino is very stretchy and after you pin it down you can usually stretch it a little farther, which was definitely the case here.

~~~~~
As for reading, I'm still working on The Autobiography of a Hunted Priest.  That's my bedtime reading, so it goes slowly, but I'm enjoying it.

I'll pick up from the library this week our new book club selection:  Baby Catcher:  Chronicles of a Modern Midwife.  I'm sure that will be an interesting discussion, full of birth stories!  

Have you read any good books lately?  My list is growing!!!!

4 comments:

  1. wow! I absolutely adore the pattern and the yarn color ad wow - everything! it's perfect! awesome! I'm jealous :P ...wish I had one just like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shawl is beautiful.
    Warm wishes, Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shawl--I am awed!
    Having had 5 kids with midwives, I love to read birth stories. Sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...