Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer Days

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
Beautiful blue sky and sun, for now.  Afternoon thunderstorms in the usual forecast.  We've had so much rain in the past year it's crazy.
We had some heavy rain at the beach, too, but it didn't dampen our fun!

I am thinking...
About all. the. things. on my to-do list.  It seems like the middle of the summer by the calendar, but we are rapidly winding up our summer already!  Tom has Jamboree, then Meg has camp, and then we have to get our acts together!  Tom starts school the first week of August (I know!), and then the next 2 start the next week---the 13th?  But they have orientation on the 10th which is a half-day.  I have a lot of pap.......Oh, never mind.  Trust me.  Long list.  :-(

I am thankful...
For a safe and fun trip to the beach last week with most of the extended family.  Lots of cousins and aunts and uncles.  We had lots of fun and togetherness, long walks on the beach, food, playing in the pool and in the ocean, crazy hair dying with coffee and kool-aid....it was great!
Currituck Sound
From the school table...
Double-checking the booklists this week and finishing the ordering.  Plus, I'll be ordering some books for the hybrid school.

In the kitchen...
I need to go to the store, but meals need to be simple and smaller-than-usual since TMax is away at the Boy Scout Jamboree.

I am wearing...
White denim capris, coral v-neck.  Looks awesome with my tan!  ;-)

What I’m doing with fiber...
I'm spinning some lovely espresso-colored recycled fiber from KnitPicks, which I'm almost finished with.  Then I have to figure out what to knit with it!  I also have an ombre tote on the "hook" that I'm crocheting in the car.  Since the long car ride is over, I'm not going to be making much progress anymore---unless I can get the rest of my work done and find a new series to watch on the tv!

I am going...
To run a bunch of errands today.  Get as much done as I can while I'm out!

I am reading...
The Catechism.  I picked it up again, and I figured I need to read 12 paragraphs per day to finish by the end of the Year of Faith.  (Trying really, really hard to start my days with prayer and spiritual reading instead of blogs and news.)

Meridon by Philippa Gregory.  I found it at the beach house in their "library".  I couldn't find the first book in the trilogy, so I figured I'd read the last one to see how it ends.  Lol.  I didn't finish, though, and now I'm waiting to check out the audio book on Overdrive.  The wait is killing me because I was really enjoying it.  I'll have to get the first two books, also!  I've never read any of her stuff... have you?

I am hoping and praying...
For a safe trip to the Jamboree, lots of fun while he's there, and a safe trip home!
Putting on the Jambo neckerchief
I am looking forward to...
Checking things off my list.

I am hearing on my ipod...
The usual podcasts....and I'm really thrilled that the short-lived "video-only" version of Catholic Weekend is over.  I do spend a lot of time at my computer, but I don't spend it watching video, and I dislike having video on while I try to read or work----then I can't give either one the appropriate attention.

Around the house...
I was very happy that we came home to a clean house (patting myself on the back), but there is a little clutter from the trip that needs to be picked up.  Plus, I noticed that Tom left for Jambo with his room a disaster!  I think I'll have to clean that up----even with the door closed, I know it's there!  And he would probably prefer not to come home to that mess, himself.

Also, the painters are supposed to come this week to pain the exterior!  Yay!  I can't wait for it to be done!

One of my favorite things...
Home.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Summer camp paperwork
Background check paperwork
Ordering my schoobooks
Ordering the school's schoolbooks
Buying school shoes
Returning school shoes (different pair)
Buying school supplies
Buying school pants
Chorus rehearsal for church "Theater" production
+ the usual

Here is picture thought I am sharing...







Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

  1. Blogger ate three comments here yesterday! Urg!

    Glad you had a great week and glad you had safe travels.

    Your husband is such a handsome guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your starting school early. I'll be starting come September. Good luck with ordering your books and starting up. Visiting from Simple Woman.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...