Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Spinning Along

~Joining Ginny, today. Stop by to see what everyone else is knitting and reading.~



I just finished spinning the last of my Full Circle Roving from KnitPicks.  I didn't know what to expect from an all recycled product (not that I have much experience with roving as yet), but I like this wool.  It was fun to spin and I like the final product.  The skein you see on the floor, there, just came off the back of the chair and seems to be the least twisty skein that I have spun, yet.  I'm working on not overspinning.


Now I have about 500-600 yards of this yarn that I have to decide what to do with!  Suggestions welcome!  It's not evenly spun, so some sections are close to laceweight and most are thicker, but it's not quite a worsted.  I may knit a swatch and consider socks, as much as I loathe knitting 2 of the same thing in quick succession!  

As for reading, I finally got Meridon on audio, so I listened to it quite a bit today while walking the dog and last night while doing a tedious, mind-numbing project on the computer.  Other than that, I'm mostly reading school supply lists, book lists, and uniform lists.  I hope you're reading something more exciting!


1 comment:

  1. Lovely colour. I would knit a shawl/scarf with it.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...