Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Quiet Summer Days

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
Another sunny day.  We seem to having a streak of sun after so many days of rain this summer.

I am thinking...
About how all these other bloggers blogged for 7 days in a row, and I seem to have gone on strike and did the opposite.    I'm thinking a lot about what I have to say here and whether or not to keep saying it.  Or not saying it, as the case may be.  Lots of times I feel like ranting about something, but I don't think anyone wants to hear me rant.  What do you like to read about?

I am wondering...
If Meg is enjoying summer camp.  She's at a new AHG camp this year, but a couple of our most awesome leaders went, too.  I'm sure she'll have a great time, but I kind of wish I were there, too.

From the school table...
School starts one week from tomorrow for Tom, and then the rest follow the week after.  I can't believe the summer break is almost over!

In the kitchen...
I need to get organized with menus.  I haven't done menus in a while; I got in the habit of simply choosing a different type of meat and adding whatever veggies I had fresh, or that needed to be eaten, and cooking meals that way.  I actually like to do that most of the time, but planning is good too, and I'm ready for a change.

I am wearing...
Still in my nightgown.

What I’m doing with fiber...
I'm hurting my hands, that's what.  I need to do a whole post on my spinning adventures.

I am going...
To rehearsal tonight, and every night this week.  Our parish is doing a show---3 nights of song and dance---and it's a lot of work for the 4 songs I'm singing!  Most of the time is spent with my fellow "Andrews Sisters" as we practice "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy."  That's a difficult song. The show is going to be really fun, though.  And I'm going to be really tired after this long week.

I am hoping and praying...
For all the mom's beginning their homeschool year.  Our group is praying a novena now.
For friends who are ill.
For Thomas Peters, the American Papist

I am looking forward to...
Celebrating 27 years of wedded bliss on Friday.  I'm telling you about it now, because there's no guarantee I'll be back this week.  ;-)

I am hearing on my ipod...
"Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy".  On constant repeat.

Around the house...


Still needs a couple of coats!


One of my favorite things...
My pretty red door.  :-)

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Rehearsal, helping my daughter move out of her apartment!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
We were playing with Shrinky Dinks for Meg's SWAPS for summer camp.  The lips and mustache turned into a pair of earrings for her!

Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

  1. Gripe if you want to gripe! Maybe we'll join in!

    PS Thanks for letting me know about Thomas Peters -- I'm outa the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree about the griping! Go for it. Love the 'stache and lips!

    visiting from The Simple Woman

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...