Sunday, July 29, 2012

What Time is It?

Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care? 


Lately, I've been pre-occupied with thoughts that time is running out. It could be due to my looming birthday in the next couple of weeks---I'm not turning 50 yet, but I'm getting there! Another factor could be the 5th anniversary of my mother's death next week. God rest her soul. She passed away at 69 with so many things left that she wanted to do.  I also wonder lately if I'm doing all that God is calling me to.

Do you have a To Do list? There's the daily To Do list: things that need to be done in our busy lives. There's the To Be Read pile, whether for pleasure or for work. There's the Bucket List: things you want to do before you die. I don't have one of those, just a bunch of crafty projects that I'd like to do in my spare time, and never have time to get to to my satisfaction. Ok, that's not true: there is a list of things I want to do, if the kids grow up or we win the lottery, like walk the Camino de Santiago, but I don't think of it as a Bucket List.

The other day, a friend expressed her concerns about her kids' activities for the coming year. I have the same issue, and no matter how I try to keep it manageable, sometimes events will conflict and cause stress. I've learned, though, that it all works out somehow. When the time comes, all that needs to happen will happen, and the worry will have been pointless.

As I work my way through 33 Days to Morning Glory, and I try every day to put God first, I still worry about all those things I want and need to do. I worry about what is going on in our country and the rest of the world. I worry about my kids and their concerns.  I bet you thought I was going to say that the worries all evaporated! They don't evaporate, but following quickly on the heels of the negative thoughts is the sure knowledge that God is in charge and everything that needs to be done will be done. That is, everything on His To-Do list!  Whenever the negative thoughts assail me (as they are wont to do when you are a Melancholic temperament), I remember that God is constant.  All these other things will surely pass away, but God never will.  He is Love, and He never changes, so if I keep my focus on Him, I need not worry about anything else.  No matter what time it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...