Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Musings

Monday mornings are a good time for just musing when you've had a really nice weekend, and the week dawns with black clouds over your head.

~~~
Yesterday was officially the last day at our parish of 16 years.  I could list a dozen (or more) complaints about the parish, but on reflection they all seem rather petty, until you add them up and get a church that is so far from the one we joined that we barely recognize it.  I hear all the time from people who say that the homily, the music, the building, etc. don't matter because they go there for Jesus.  I think that's wonderful that people can tune all that stuff out and just be present for Jesus, but we can't.  No matter how hard we have tried to adjust our attitudes, it isn't working.  We come home from Mass angry and frustrated.  And that is NOT how we're supposed to feel after Mass!  

So, we are moving to the parish whose boundaries we are in.  I know we can pray better there; the kids have friends there from school and Boy Scouts, and even from our neighborhood.  Our old parish was like a second home to us, and I hope the new one becomes that quickly.

~~~
Yesterday was the Last Day because I was scheduled to cantor, but all our other commitments were finished.  I was afraid that it was going to be another Mass of music that I dislike, but by the grace of God, they were all beautiful, reverent hymns that I enjoyed singing!  I half-wondered if that was a sign that we should stay, but then I realized that it was a gift that enabled me to tender my resignation gently and not with bad grace, which I probably would have done.

~~~
We went to see Spiderman on the spur of the moment yesterday, using Pete's free-tickets benefits.  As an extra perk, it was in 3D, which we hadn't anticipated!  People seem to be pretty divided over this one and the Toby Maguire franchise, but I think we're all firmly in the camp of Andrew Garfield, now.  

~~~
Dh and I saw Batman on Saturday, and I didn't enjoy that one as much as Spiderman.  Bruce Wayne does need to move on with his life and stop dwelling on the death of his parents.  OTOH, my enjoyment may have been tempered by the fact that I was pretty nervous sitting in the movie theater, especially once it started.  I said a couple of Hail Mary's and a prayer to my Guardian Angel, and after that I was able to relax.

~~~
Praying for my friend who just got out of surgery this morning...I just heard it went well, but a quick prayer from you for her speedy recovery would be appreciated!

~~~
And now, I'm going to see if I can deal with some of those black clouds over my head and shoo them away!  Have a great day, even if it is Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...