Friday, June 8, 2012

Quick Takes Friday!

---1---
Started a couple of blog posts this week, but they were abandoned when duty to Real Life called.   Those pesky kids have no respect for my sanity!  ;-)

---2---
I'm joking.  Sorta.  They don't have any respect for my sanity, though they might if I lose it, and then they'll see what they're missing!  But anyway, it's only the beginning of the second week in June, the third week of summer vacation, and I'm still adjusting to the randomness of the days!

---3---
Even though I hate to live for the future, next week should be a little easier.  Meaning there will be a lot less randomness and a lot more time to waste.  Driving to and from school will be over since drama camp will be over.  Woot.  I'm done with big American Heritage Girls meetings for about a month.  AND, in big news, which should merit its own Take, my husband will be part of my life again when he gets home tonight and his Big Trial is over.  That has taken over his life for the past month!

---4---
I'm psyched for the Archdiocese of Atlanta Eucharistic Congress tomorrow!  I'll be helping out at the AHG table for a couple of hours in the morning.  I'll go to Adoration and Confession, and listen to a couple of great speakers.

---5---
AND, more big news is that I'm looking forward to meeting Maria Johnson of Another Cup of Coffee and SQPN's Catholic Weekend fame.  We've bonded over Words with Friends and Twitter, but she doesn't realize I have a total girl-crush.  So, shhhh!

---6---
The Eucharistic Congress is an amazing event, though.  If they have one near you, you should definitely go.  Some years the speakers aren't as fabulous as others, but it's mostly an incredible experience to be with thousands (literally, 20-30,000) of other Catholics who come to worship Christ in the Eucharist.

---7---
Have you heard about this?  I love this project to get solid Catholic reading materials into the hands of seminarians in Africa!  They've already taken care of the 2000 seminarians in Cameroon and are moving on to the rest of Africa.  For just $2 you can provide a seminarian with an excellent start to his vocation.  It's worth a click!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Join the fun at Jen's for more 7 Quick Takes!
and have an AWESOME weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Listening to "Catholic Weekend" and being all Lutheran fangirl about hearing your voice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too funny, Jen! Thanks for listening....and reading.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...