Monday, June 25, 2012

Call Me Mary


FOR TODAY


How many of you saw that title and thought, "Call me, maybe"?  You can thank me for that earworm later.
Outside my window...Mostly clear.  Gonna be another hot one.  I think we're moving up to the high 90's.
I am thinking...About the amazing day I had yesterday.  It was truly a blessed day which started with the early Mass at 7:30.  That's the No Music Mass for the older folks who want to get in and out, but the visiting celebrant chanted most of the Mass and we were able to pray without being distracted by inappropriate music.  As much as I love to sing, I could get used to that.


Later, I joined my little group at the parish for an episode of Catholicism on the liturgy, which was awe-inspiring as usual.  I can't say enough good things about this series which beautifully portrays the Catholic Church.  It's beautiful, it's thought provoking, and it hits the highlights (so to speak) of the Church.  I can't wait for the book to arrive so I can read it!

Immediately after our discussion, I had an invitation to Maria Johnson's home for a gathering of incredible women.  (I don't think I have the appropriate vocabulary to describe the day I had yesterday!  Look for lots of superlatives!! But I'll try to control myself.) Pat Gohn, Sarah Vabulous, and Jennifer Willits were there!  Kelly Wahlquist and a couple of other ladies who were part of the Hearts Afire Parish-based programs for the New Evangelization retreat that took place in Kennesaw this weekend.  A 3-hour get-together turned into 6.5 for me; there were others staying a little longer! 
I am thankful...For the opportunity to bond with all these lovely ladies who were all relative strangers with their love for the Lord and the Catholic Church in common, and Maria and the internet to bring us together.  Wow, it was so, so fun.  I couldn't even begin to tell you what we talked about....well, I could, but it would be a long list.  Suffice it to say that there were moments of hilarity interspersed between more spiritual subjects, along with personal sharing of family life.  There's so much to ponder from yesterday.  That should be the Word of the Day.


Thank you, Bego!  
From the learning rooms...Math.  Ugh.
In the kitchen...A Costco-sized bag of chocolate chips to be made into cookies, cookie dough for the beach, and gluten-free cookies.  Fun!
I am wondering...What plans God has for me now.  I've had a couple of hints since March when I made my Total Consecration to Mary, and I wonder what yesterday had to do with those hints.
I am reading...Extreme Makeover by Teresa Tomeo for the moms in our AHG troop.  I have to finish it for Saturday though I've had 6 months to read it!  If you're a woman, you should read it.

Around the house...Quietness with my Pip gone to summer camp.  A yappy dog who is not content with his lot in life today.  
One of my favorite things...Time spent among like-minded women.  Did you figure out what the title of my blog-post means?  I was blessed (to be) among women yesterday.  
A few plans for the rest of the week...Sewing and summering.  
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...  
An experiment that I'm hand-stitching (and painting) from cast-off undershirts using this book for a guide. 



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had the day you had with all the ladies yesterday. Remind me to tell you about tying quilts with my church ladies in Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conversation with like-minded Christian ladies is the best! Glad you found your group.

    I love your stitchery work. I admire anyone who does that kind of art.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...