Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Recycled Tank

I got this book, Alabama Studio Style, because I'd seen so many cute dresses and skirts over at Pleasant View Schoolhouse.  Adding appliques and beads and stencils looked like a fun way to create a unique, yet comfortable, outfit.  Since I should have the title Slowest Knitter in the World, though my friend Kath is giving me a run for my money, I thought doing some handwork that was slightly faster might be a good creative alternative.

Alabama Style encourages recycling old fabrics, so I chose a stack of The Hub's old undershirts to make this tank fit for a princess.  I sewed the entire thing by hand, seams and all, except that when it was too big for her, I took it in on the sides and shoulders by machine.  Then I let her pick the type of stencil, the embroidery floss color and stitch, and she helped me add the stencils.


Do you like the Tramp Stamp on her back?  I prefer it on her shirt than her skin!


It's very cute, despite my uneven stitching.  I finished it in only a few days, but those were unusual summer days where I had a lot of time to sit!

Next up:  I'm going to see if I can get a skirt for her out of a L pink t-shirt that I bought at Value Village for a breast cancer themed swim meet and no one will ever wear again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...