Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pink & Babies {PHFR}

~Capturing contentment in everyday life~

Every Thursday at Like Mother, Like Daughter

{pretty}


I love the sky in pretty much all its manifestations.  It's one of the things that speaks to me the most about God's power and majesty.  Simply beautiful.
Balloon over our neighborhood the other day.
Pink balloons released in honor of all those  with breast cancer, and in memory of a swim team mom who passed away.

{happy}


These are baby food jars that my dear daughter dipped in paint, and they're to be filled with flowers to decorate for a good friend's bridal shower.  The guests get to take them home afterward.  They're really cute in cheerful pinks and peaches and coral.  I hope she sends pictures of them with flowers! (hint)


{funny}


Someone refused to let me take a nice picture of us at the swim meet!

{real}

Sometimes, your pictures cross categories.  These could be funny, or real.  
Or Scary.

 






We couldn't let all that baby food go to waste, so we cooked with it.  Yes.  We did.

I used all the vegetables---mostly squash and carrots, some peas and corn--- to make soup.  We added sauteed onions, lots of garlic, coriander, salt & pepper, and 1 qt. of chicken broth.  It was pretty good.  Even the little one, who I thought would gag the whole time, ate it.  She doesn't like any kind of soup.

Then I used a bunch of fruits, like apples, pears, and berries, to make some type of "bar" according to the recipe.  Thanks to the cinnamon in the recipe, it tasted, and looked, like a spice cake (I don't know how they thought it would be a bar!).  It was super yummy with butter on it!

There were still 2 more bowls of babyfood mixtures in the fridge, but I tossed them as I don't have the time or inclination to continue to come up with more recipes using baby food.  I can be thrifty, but some things are just too much.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love hot air balloons. I use to see them a lot living down in the cities. Now, never.
    Fun post on baby food jars and baby food!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...