Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Busy Daybook


You can find more Daybooks at the Simple Woman's Daybook.

~~~~~

Outside my window...
...Still a little dark; the morning is cool a pleasant with the sound of insects, and birds singing their morning songs.  

I am thinking... 
...about my schedule and my to-do list.  I thought things would get a little easier once summer was over (as in, school starts), but that's not the case so far.  
This week, I'm hoping that once I get through AHG Registration Night, and 5 hours of training Leaders on Saturday, life will settle down a bit.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

I am thankful for...
...the past 5 years of singing in the choir with our wonderful director and his wife.  It was so much fun.  I love to sing, but they made it even better.  Yesterday was our last opportunity to sing Mass with them.  We're reallly going to miss them!

...and, believe it or not, the opportunity to serve on the "search committee" for the new Music Director.  I was even asked to come up with a list of people to be on it with me!  I don't know how I got this job (except that God heard my whining!), but it makes me feel a little better about all the changes happening.  

Right now, I'm praying for a good resolution, and, above all, for some peace in my heart during Mass.  I want to be able to focus on Jesus and not distracted by all the changes.

From the lesson plans...


The new paper system is working well-enough, so far.  Meg has gotten ahead in a subject or two, and Pippo has fallen behind, but I can deal with that.  I'm finding that we have a really heavy load this year and school is taking a good 6 hours most days.  At least for my 7th grader. I don't know how we ever got it all done when Katie was a 7th grader, and there was a 5th grader, and a 3rd grader, and a kindergartener, a toddler, and probably a baby in utero!

Oh, yes, I know!  They used to skip stuff all the time and I wouldn't find out for weeks!

From the kitchen...
...So stressed am I, that I couldn't deal with coming up with yet another menu for the week when it was time to go shopping.  Don had given me this book for my birthday which comes with a 30-day family eating plan (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, no less!) and....get this....a shopping list!  So, I took it to the store and we are eating Paleo all week.  Two days, so far, and we're happy.  

I'm happy.  And I lost 2 lbs. already.

I am wearing...
...White shorts and hot pink v-neck.  Nothing special, but a happy color-combo.

I am creating...
...a shawl-collared cowl out of a gorgeous merino blend.  I'll show you a picture...tomorrow...at the Yarn Along.

I am reading...
A Jane Austen Education.  Good, but I'm busy and it's due in a couple of days!

I am hoping...
...that our AHG events this week are successful and run smoothly.

I am hearing...
...the rabbits in the garage who get a little noisy and rambunctious when they're ready to be fed!

Around the house...
...I cleaned up quite a bit over the weekend.  Some piles of stuff are still waiting for inspiration to strike, so I can decide what to do with them.
We hung dropcloth curtains in the family room after painting a blue border stripe on them!  They darken the room a bit more than I expected, which is fine for the summer, but I won't like it in another month or so.  I guess they need tiebacks.

I am going...
...to be making lots of copies and lists.

One of my favorite things...
...knitting with cozy, scrunchy yarn!  Have you noticed that some people just don't get that?  I have to admit that I'm not even sure why I love it so much, unless it's combining my love of creating with my sense of touch.  It's definitely not as fun with yucky yarn!

I am praying for...
...My parish and my pastor, Gus, Daisy, Eric, Elizabeth, the people in Joplin, our priests...

A few plans for the rest of the week...
...AHG & More AHG.

A photo thought:
Glamour Shots.  (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...