Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Art of Writing

People are telling me I should write a little every day, that its a good habit to get into, but I find myself casting about for ideas, and I don't come up with anything.  Now, I don't believe that I go through an entire day, or days, without a worthwhile thought, but I have noticed that reading a lot of other blogs knocks ideas right out of my head!  My mind is also filled up with to-do lists and worries.  There are a lot of things I need to do around the house and for AHG, and there are a lot of things I want to do.  So, my brain is definitely busy!

I wake up in the morning, and I might have some vague idea of what I want to blog about, swirling about amidst the to-do lists, but as I sleepily peruse the internets, any kernel of an idea I might have had disappears.  What is that?  Brain overload?  Too much switching  from subject to subject?

Astute readers will notice that the first thing I do when I get up is hit the computer instead of hitting my knees to pray.  I do make my morning offering, but I don't think it does much good for me to address my thoughts to God in my typical sleepy condition, so I don't do morning meditations as I know I ought.  I have this nagging suspicion, however, that if I were to do it that way---morning offering, meditation, then blogging----I would more easily find subjects to write about.

What do you think?  If you blog frequently, how do you pick your topics?  Do you pray first, and do you think it helps your blogging?

There.  I found something to write about.  Now it's your turn to help me out and give me some answers.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...