1. Another great homeschooling article by Mrs. G at the Pioneer Woman's site. She writes about socialization and what a crock it is that children should be "socialized" at school.
2. That's all I had for my Quick Takes yesterday before American Heritage Girls. Another meeting last night which involved training for some and neverending paperwork for me. LP and I got home rather late after it was long over. Exhausted and hungry. My sweet boys had held dinner for us!
3. I cried myself to sleep last night over the worries of this troop. I'm not sure I'm cut out for this kind of volunteering. As shy as I tend to be, I have no problem standing up in front of a crowd talking about sex and natural family planning in NFP classes or pre-Cana (marriage prep) classes, or even RCIA. But this AHG stuff wears me out. Trying to recruit leaders (strong-arm them is more like it) and blah, blah, blah. I don't even want to tell you all about it!
4. So I also had insomnia last night. Woke up around 2:45 w/ what else but AHG on my mind, couldn't sleep, read for a bit, turned down the AC because I was HOT. Went back to sleep and slept in but I've still be tired all day. Taking total advantage of Friday being "Easy Day" around here and working on reading about Betsy's senior year in high school.
5. It's been raining for days so we're going to go check on our little seedlings and enjoy fresh air between showers.
6. Got some lovely little ornaments in the mail today from my quilting cheerleader, Sarah. They are precious and made me very happy.
7. I'm looking for crafty Christmas ideas. Speak up and point me to websites and blogs that have ideas! I'll be eternally grateful.
Or at least until Christmas is over!
Have a great weekend! Visit Jen's for more Quick Takes!