Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 6









This sweet Japanese maple is my happy photo of the day. I love this tree. It reminds me of my mother every time I see it, and as it is in front of my house, that's pretty often!

Mom brought me half a dozen seedlings from a very large, mature tree one year when she was staying in Delaware (?) at the home of portraitist Nelson Shanks. He had art students stay with him for months at a time to help out around the estate in exchange for lessons. Nelson painted this gorgeous painting that some of my friends may be familiar with:



So, when I see this tree and it's siblings in the backyard, I'm reminded of my mother's love for gardening, her incredible talent for painting, and her gifts to me.

2 comments:

  1. Sara, I felt a pang in my heart for the love you expressed of your mother. It made me think of mine, visiting here with me until Holy Saturday and then she flies off back to the west coast. I've missed having her near to me so much. And the painting? WOW! Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. God Bless your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like a photo!! hard to believe that anyone can paint so well - what a gift!
    thanks for sharing a bit about your dear mom.

    take care

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...