Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 23

I think I'll be glad when April is over and I'm not pressured to post a picture every day. Not so much because I don't like the photo plan, but because April is a very busy month!

We had our "last" homeschool co-op last Friday, but it's not over yet. Last night was the Pipster's dress rehearsal for St. George and the Dragon, and tonight is the performance. Did you know today is his feast day? Ideas for celebrating over at Catholic Cuisine. We will be enjoying a medieval feast at the "dinner theatre". Anyway, when I went to pick up Pipster after Hitch's Drama Banquet at The School, I kept thinking that I was glad not to be on the team for that show since the whole room was a mess and had to be cleaned up and put in order again before the show tomorrow.

Oh, wait, I'll be doing it next week for TMax's show!

They, the 5th & up kids, will be doing a story of St. Bernadette called The Smallest of All, and the bible story The Road to Emmaus. I have to finish up the costumes---and I'm starting to realize how many little details I've forgotten about until now (shhhh! don't tell the director! She has total confidence in me. Where's that eye-rolling emoticon???). I'll also be doing makeup for the performance and everyone involved has to stay to clean-up.

Why is it that when I'm exhausted, I want to sit here and write about the things coming up that are going to exhaust me more?

Part of my tiredness stems from having friends over yesterday. Our friends who moved to NY last year are in town for the week and they all came over to play yesterday. The kids all get along so well and they had a terrific time together.

I made Barbara's pizza dough which was easy and a big hit. The Little Princess gave it high praise when she said it tasted like "ordered pizza". Then we had strawberry shortcake with the last of the strawberries that we had picked with these same friends last May, just before they moved. It was a lot of fun, but tiring. But I'll take that kind of fun exhaustion any day over the driving around town exhaustion!

I mean to take a bunch of pictures of all this fun, but I was too busy! I got one picture of all the sweet girls together, so here's your picture of the day!



Today is another busy day with costumes, laundry (folding all the loads that I washed yesterday), cleaning up some of the clutter around here, and running errands. I wish I could do some of this outside in the sunshine since it is finally getting warm here and there is no rain in the forecast!

I got a bunch of books from the library yesterday that I'm just dying to sit down and read. Maybe Saturday. Definitely Sunday. I should be able to sit down by then.

2 comments:

  1. Cute picture!!

    April is a busy month isn't it! I don't know how I was able to keep up with posting a picture a day last year, but this year it has been even harder (and I am trying not to worry if I miss a day -- or quite a few! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a huge task to post a picture each day - well done for doing so. April is a busy month for us too - we have so many birthdays in our family & among friends. Some of them fall during lent but we all seem to make up for it after Easter celebrations.
    Take care of yourself & make sure you don't get run down. Mums have so much to do and it's so important to take time out, rest, have quiet times - it's also those little things that help you stay healthy in mind, body & spirit. A rested mum means a happy family.
    Take care & God Bless,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...