Friday, February 27, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday

1. We're exhausted around here! I don't know why, but this week has been long and busy. Maybe it's just Lent, but I'm going to make an effort to make our schedule next week less hectic. Oh, wait, it's Spring Break already, so I guess it will be unless I decide to do some serious spring cleaning.

2. Yesterday evening, TMax, Pipster, LP and I all went to the church to help organize donations for the giant yard sale on Saturday. My friend Kath was there. We kept bemoaning all the handknit items that were being ruthlessly tossed aside. "Stop knitting! No one appreciates it!" she would say. I say, "Stop using acrylic for your creations!" Yes, acrylics have improved since my grandmother made me and my sister ponchos in the '70s (which we still have, thanks to their acrylic nature!); they're a lot softer. But they're still acrylic. If you're spending the time to knit a beautiful baby sweater and cap with cables, especially if it's for someone you know and love, take the time and money to buy a beautiful yarn!

3. I spent a fair amount of my organizing time looking for items to repurpose, thanks to Fawndear's influence. I'll do my real shopping tonight at the pre-sale during the Friday Fish Fry. Saw some cute stuff!

4. Going gray has been a topic of conversation this week. It's quite an adventure. Thankfully, I've grown out my colored hair already. I'm not too gray yet, so maybe it wasn't as dramatic, but I got seriously tired of paying good money for dark brown hair that always ended up turning red/orange. So, I'm really glad it's grown out and I don't have to listen to Little Princess tell me how much she loves my orange and black hair! Now, Barbara has done it, too, and she looks great. Getting it chopped off definitely speeds up the process! Like Barb, I actually wish I were more gray! I'm driving my hairdresser nuts.

5. I just signed up for Holy Heroes Lenten Adventure, thanks to Jessica. I hadn't heard of it before, but it sounds like fun for the kids. They get tired of me and they like almost anything on the computer.

6. Finished LP's quilt top for her bed yesterday. And I don't know if I have it in me to finish the rest of the quilt. Sigh. My sewing machine is on its last legs; it makes a horrible ca-chunking sound now. I think it just needs a new belt, but I haven't had time to research getting one. I'm seriously losing my motivation to continue this project. Although, heck, I think the hardest part is finished, isn't it?

7. Another long day ahead. I'm going to go do my Lenten reading and get to it!

You can visit Jen for more Quick Takes in multiples of 7!

3 comments:

  1. It took me almost a year to let my gray grow all the way out, but I'm so glad I did. Premature gray runs in the family and I had been coloring for probably 17 years!

    PS If you have a few extra bucks (I know - ha!) you can pay someone to finish your quilt -- find a longarm quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why hello there stranger.
    I think you need a new blog post name. The seven 'quick takes' nearly wore me out. You've been busy. Maybe 7 exhausttive takes in a nutshell. I guess that's too long of a post title.
    Ditto on the gray, knitting, and sewing machine frustrations.
    Nice to be visiting again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...