Friday, February 20, 2009

Seven Quick Takes Friday


~1~

Last Friday was too busy to sit down and come up with 7 Quick Takes, so I think I'm going to work on it throughout the week this time. Last Friday was crazy busy and I won't bother to relive it for you!

~2~

Saturday was full of little accomplishments. I got a lot of things done that were on my to-do list,and the amazing thing is that it was easy and relaxing. Some of it involved mending a bunch of clothes. I think that what made the difference is that,
  • I stayed in my pajamas most of the day, and
  • my sewing machine was upstairs instead of in the school/sewing room.
I'm realizing that I really don't want to spend my time alone down there. I like to sew upstairs where the family is. Unfortunately, I don't like the mess it involves. What to do? Any suggestions?

~3~

I have acquired a big stack of fabric to make a quilt for Little Princess's bed. I'm looking forward to getting it started soon. Maybe I'll get to watch some fun movies while I stay up late and cut squares! That's my idea of fun---staying up late, working on a project with a movie on. But not too late. Don't want to ruin the next day!

~4~

KT is coming home for the weekend. Not to see us, to see her BFF who is in town for the weekend, too. But we're happy to have her back for a little while! She's just in time to pick up the adorable apron I made for her this week. The reversible Emmeline. Too cute for words! Pics to come when KT can model it for us!

~5~

Since I'm working on my 7 takes over the course of several days, I can now report that I just brought the sewing machine upstairs to the kitchen and got a lot accomplished very quickly. Now I'm cutting out quilt squares for LP's quilt and we're just living with the mess for a little while. I did take the machines away for the time being, though!

~6~

Approaching the end of my sock, though not very quickly since I've been sewing and cutting instead. But I plan to finish it this weekend.

~7~

I'm working on a special "project" at church that involves singing. It's challenging, and exciting, and fun (sometimes). Oh, pretty much anything that involves truly beautiful hymns makes me happy! But you knew that already!

~~~~~~

Stop by Jen's for more Quick Takes!

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the apron!! I purchased the pattern last year, and am no where near ready to try and attempt it yet, but I keep looking at it wishing I was!!! It is SO cute, and one of the reasons that I am *determined* to get better at sewing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i recommend you stop sewing entirely and devout all your time to portable knitting (poor little sock)
    r

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...