Friday, March 14, 2014

Yay! Quick Takes!


---1---

My, it's been a long time since my last post!  I guess the 7 posts in 7 days sort of did me in---even though I did only 5. I've been discovering that the days go really well if I don't sit down at the computer in the mornings.  I can check my mail on my phone, and go about my day Getting Things Done.  But morning is definitely the blogging time, so...

---2---

I enjoyed this post over at CatholicMom.com on overcoming one's Negative Nancy tendencies. Maybe you're not Negative Nancy, but there's probably help for dealing with the whiners in your life there, too.

---3---

I'm excited to start this huge project of The Sock Yarn Blanket thanks to the generosity of fellow knitters who gave me their sock yarn scraps.  It's crazy, like a crazy quilt, and it's big, and you have to take it with you wherever you go as it grows, and I may be the only one who likes it.  But I'm making it.  

---4---

I made a fun discovery on Amazon the other day!  I was looking up a book I'm interested in, and saw a little note that said I could buy the Kindle copy, and then for just 3 easy payments of $29.95a little more money, I could also get the Audible version. They were nice enough to show me a list of books I own on Kindle, which ones have Audible versions, and how much they cost, so I was able to buy 4 of them for only $0.99 each!  All I had to do was download the free Audible app to my phone. Now I'm 1/3 of the way through Chesterton's What's Wrong with the World.

---5---

Speaking of Chesterton, the Weekends with Chesterton haven't been happening much since I a) only blog in the mornings, and b) rarely on weekends.  That and the fact that I'm having a hard time plowing through G.K's work.  There are lots of great quotations in What's Wrong with the World, though, let me tell you!

---6---

My Darling Girl has been visiting this week, and we have had lots of time together. I've gotten to see her more than anyone else, and it's been wonderful.  She helped me paint my kitchen the other day---a long overdue project with its outdated 90's faux finish---which I still loved, but it was time. We sanded, primed, painted, and put everything back together in record time, and....I can't stand it. It's a gorgeous blue color, but it's way too cool a hue for the rest of the great room. I love how it brightens the room when I first walk in, but then I see how it doesn't match or "go" at all, and it makes me crazy. Sigh.  What do you think?





---7---

Beverley, I'm trying really hard to get rid of my "puddles of white" when I type, but it's really, really hard to break the 35 year-old habit of double-spacing after a period, so maybe the answer is to write really, really, long, run-on sentences so that I require fewer periods, what do you think about that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Join the fun at Jen's for more 7 Quick Takes!

2 comments:

  1. What? No double space? You are making this English major want to twitch uncontrollably. YES, you do that. And no, no run-ons either. :)

    I like the blue. It might take you awhile to get used to it though. If by Easter you think you might explode then repaint it! Make it a Lenten sacrifice. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll see how long I can last, Amy. I might repaint during Holy Week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...