Friday, October 18, 2013

Lazy Friday Quick Takes


---1---

I'm going to write a blog post because I'm too lazy to get up from the computer to go knit on the sofa!  I've been here all morning---since I got home from carpool---alternating between reading blogs and compiling news for the school newsletter.  I'm done with that for now, and just can't get up.

---2---

I'm not the only one with that problem, I guess.  She dragged herself out of bed the 2nd time I woke her up, and did her schoolwork, but she can't seem to make any further progress.



---3---

This is where I was between 4 and 5 a.m. today.  I just love this adoration chapel and the crucifix, so much so that I had to snap a picture with my phone.  I was afraid the shutter would click, but it didn't with the phone on silent.  However, it's a bad picture, so I may have to try again.  I enjoy just sitting and gazing at this crucifix---sometimes that's easier than trying to pray words because my mind wanders very quickly when I'm tired!  Though, honestly, sometimes I do find myself wondering why Jesus has a red velvet-lined pie plate behind Him!



---4---

Here are my 3 fabulous skeins of yarn that I won.  I finally decided to knit a Color Affection.  It's going to be a lot of knitting on small needles!


---5---

I have a lot of knitting to do, and my elbow hurts.  I don't think it's Knitter's Elbow, because it's on the bottom and hurts when  I rest my forearm on the table, and it doesn't hurt when I knit or do anything else, but I've no idea what it could be.

---6---

Is everyone else craving yummy, creamy, pumpkin-y coffee beverages?  With the onset of cool weather I can only assume that our bodies are encouraging us to get fat for the winter scarcity.  As if.

---7---

My brain is very tired today from lack of sleep, so it's hard to come up with 7 takes!  There is also something weighing heavily on my heart which I could use some prayers for.  I'd appreciate it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Join the fun at Jen's for more 7 Quick Takes!

3 comments:

  1. I'd be more concerned about that face at the top of the crucifix than the pie plate. Or maybe the whole thing just looks different when it's Actual Size.
    Cracking up at the picture of your unmotivated child!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're cracking me up! I never noticed the SHIELD above Jesus. I couldn't tell you what is on it, but it is most assuredly a shield, not the scary face it appears to be in the photo!

      Delete
  2. Had to look up "color affection." Wow! Those are beautiful. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...