Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Autumn Yarn Along






It is such a fall day!  It's cool and clear out, but it's breezy and I can hear the leaves blowing across the yard as I sit by the window and knit.  There aren't too many leaves....yet...because it has just now gotten cool enough at night that the leaves are starting to turn.

I've been working hard on the Color Affection, and I just started using the forest green and doing the short rows.  It seems to be going quickly, but these "short rows" are going to get pretty long, pretty soon!  And now that I'm juggling 3 yarn balls, it's no longer a car project.  That means I need to find another car project, pronto, to give me something to do in all those spare minutes!



Today, I'm cold, cranky, fighting off Meg's cold, and would be perfectly content to sit in the armchair with Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on the arm while I knit.  (It's 99.9% straight knitting which I can do without looking.)

I'm reading Harry Potter simply because I've been checking out audible books from the library, and they had The Goblet of Fire.  I listened to that, and now I have the last one, Deathly Hallows, already downloaded, but I've got to zip through Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince before I listen, because you can't just skip 2 years, right???  I'd really like to know what the librarian, who ordered 3 of the 7 books in audible format, was thinking!

I would be reading Allegiant, but I must have gotten distracted when I pre-ordered it, and it's just been sitting in my shopping cart....waiting.  It will be here tomorrow...only 2 days late.


3 comments:

  1. Such great Fall colors on your Color Affection. I am wearing mine today. I really want to make another one in the color scheme you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was the librarian thinking??
    I love the colors of your yarn. They look warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking I might start listening to an audio book while I knit in the mornings, something just for me. Perfect for this autumn weather!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...