Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Color Affection Yarn Along



Oh, it's Wednesday....Other than the fact that my kids are home today from their hybrid school, I've had my nose in a book or my knitting most of the day, so I forgot all about blogs and blogging, and what day it is!



Here's my gorgeous Color Affection.  I really am going to have to make one of these for myself after this is finished and finds a new home!  It's so hard to tell what it looks like while it's all scrunched up on the needle....I can't wait to see how it looks when it's finished!  I just ordered another, longer, needle because this one is running out of room. That said, I'm freaking out a little that the ball of yarn that is the main color (the variegated) is so much smaller than the others.  Most shawls and scarves allow you to simply stop when you're out of yarn.  Not this one.  So, I think my panic is going to build with every row of that color!

As for reading, I've been plowing through HP & the Half-Blood Prince for the past few days so I can get to the last one that is on my phone in audio...and it's due back at the library Friday.  I just started it an hour ago, so I have a lot of listening to do.

In the car, I'm listening to

The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements

 on CD.  It's a fascinating (sometimes) book about the periodic table of elements.  There are stories about the discovery of each element, plus other, interesting stories about how they've been used for good or for ill.  If you're a fan of the elements, you might enjoy this book.  I would never have chosen this one on my own, but it's for my book club.  Plus, I'm game to learn a little about the periodic table since it comes up regularly at trivia!
~~~~

Happy Knitting!  

2 comments:

  1. Great looking shawl and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the best part of knitting can be the anticipation! Looking forward to seeing your project all finished too! I was hoping to make myself another shawl and that one looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...