Monday, August 15, 2011

Assumption Daybook



You can find more Daybooks at the Simple Woman's Daybook.

~~~~~

Outside my window...
...Sunny and very pleasant temperatures.  Even a cool breeze!  Gosh, it almost feels like fall is coming!

I am thinking... 
...about my schedule and my to-do list.  I thought things would get a little easier once summer was over (as in, school starts), but that's not the case so far.  There are still too many things undone.  I'm hoping that once I check the last of these household projects off the list that life truly will settle down.

Ha!

I am thankful for...
...the past 5 years of singing in the choir with our wonderful director and his wife.  It was so much fun.  I love to sing, but they made it even better.  Yesterday was our last opportunity to sing Mass with them.  We're reallly going to miss them!

From the lesson plans...
You're not going to believe this, but I'm going totally low-tech this year!  No more scheduling on the computer.  I don't know why I made the decision, except that every time I thought about sitting down and doing my plans on the Skedtrack, I just couldn't face it.  I thought it would be easier to see what I'm doing if I just printed out weekly forms and wrote in the assignments.  On a weekly basis no less.

However, while I did print out a year's worth of forms for both kids, I'm filling them in for the whole year, for the most part.  I just don't want to spend every Sunday night trying to get that done.  BUT, (this is a big 'but') I see on the Donna Young site, where I got the forms, that she doesn't recommend planning more than a few weeks in advance because you might get into trouble.  I thought about that, but I use my own special shorthand, so it doesn't take that long, and I used pencil.  I'm sure I'll find a way to work it out when the inevitable happens!
 

I printed the forms double-sided and put them in a binder where they should stay neat.  Both Meg and Pippo can see theirs at the same time as his is on the left and hers is on the right.  There's a little circle to check off that the assignment is finished, and I'll add their grades with a big, felt-tip marker so I can find them easily and make up a report card at the end of the semester.

From the kitchen...
...Since today is the Feast of the Assumption, Meg wanted white cupcakes with blue buttercream frosting.  Pippo suggested Angel Food Cake, and no one thought about the fact that you can't really make angel food cupcakes.  So now, someone, who shall remain nameless, is having a little fit in her room about the lack of cupcakes.

I am wearing...
...My black, chain mail shirt.  Super cute, but heavy and hot.  Good thing it's a bit cooler today!

I am creating...
...one mess after another.  We're in and out so fast these days.  Nothing is getting cleaned up!
(yep, that hasn't changed)

I am reading...
A Jane Austen Education.  Good, but I'm busy and it's due in a couple of days!

I am hoping...
...to get the essentials done in the next couple of days, plus a few other things.  

I am hearing...
...the microwave beeping because the defrost cycle is done,
...Pippo playing a video game on the ipod behind me.

Around the house...
...The painters did a beautiful job, now I just need to finish getting rid of the piles around the house.  But when?

I am going...
...to be driving somewhere every night this week.  Yuck.

One of my favorite things...
...the sound of children playing happily in the mornings.

I am praying for...
...My parish and my pastor, Gus, Daisy, Eric, Elizabeth, the people in Joplin, our priests...

A few plans for the rest of the week...
...AHG & lesson plans.

A photo thought:
This does not bode well for our history studies this year!  Falling asleep after reading the first chapter...

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...