Tuesday, August 2, 2011

25 Years Ago

1.  We were young and in love.
2.  We were totally confident in what we were doing.
3.  We were 21 and 23.
4.  We got married at the University Chapel at the University of Virginia.
5.  We had so much fun setting up our first home.
6.  We spent our wedding night in our first home, and I love that.  I think the memories are so much more special than if we were in a hotel.
7.  Those first years were fun.
8.  Those first years were challenging as we learned to grow and live together!
9.  We've created 7 children together, including 1 miscarriage, who give us great joy as we watch them grow up.
10.  They all look like me.
11.  They all look like him.
12.  They all look like each other.
13.  They've brought us closer together.
14.  He brought me into the Catholic Church.
15.  He's the head of our home.
16.  He keeps me calm.
17.  He keeps me reasonable.
18.  He loves me in spite of my crazy emotions.
19.  He loves me in spite of my unreasonableness.
20.  He loves me in spite of all my flaws.
21.  I love him for his intelligence.
22.  I love him for his sense of humor and his smile.
23.  I love him for the crinkles in his face.
24.  I love him for his faith.
25.  I'll love him forever.

And I thank God for giving me the man I wanted, and the man I needed.

Happy Anniversary, Dear!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...