Friday, August 19, 2011

7 Quick Takes



~1~
This was our sky the other morning as my men left for work and school.  So pretty.  The camera doesn't do it justice!

~2~
First Day of School!  Doesn't she look great in her uniform?  All the 7th grade boys are going to fall in love with their pretty teacher!
I should've gotten her shoes in the picture----black patent Mary Janes with 3" heels.  Nice.

~3~
I finished my Scots Bonnet the other day and felted it in the washing machine.  I know from trying to felt the first one that it a) takes forever by hand, and b) gets done a little too fast in the machine!  So this time, I went straight for the washer and practically staying in the room  the whole time and kept opening the lid to take it out and check.  Once it got close to the end I had to be very diligent and check more frequently, like every minute.  Then I put a dinner plate inside and set it to dry.  It was taking a long time, so I put it on the front porch in the sun yesterday.  I wanted to give it to my good friend Diane last night at our AHG meeting.  It was a gift for her 50th birthday.  

I'd like to report that it looked adorable on her, especially with the addition of 2 peacock feathers, but I didn't get a picture.

I know, right?  That was dumb.  I did get a pic on her phone, so I'll get a copy when I can.  

And now, I need to make one for myself.  It was soft and warm and comfortable!

~4~
What are your weekend plans?  I have NONE.  Yay!  I'm going to scurry around the house, cleaning, decluttering (not the usual clutter, the un-usual clutter that accumulated during our Too-Many-Projects-Around-The-House Summer), and finishing up a couple of projects.  Then, God willing, life can return so some semblance of "normal".  Or, at least the house won't be as messy!

~5~
I'm off to cantor at a funeral this morning.  I've only cantored one funeral before, so this will be somewhat new.  My son will be the altar server, and I'm not sure where Meg will be.  Either with me at the funeral, or reading in the church office.  Helping out our Parish Administrator, maybe.

~6~
I've been feeling so good these last months, until very recently, when I started allowing the occasional sweet treat to pass my lips.  Then it started happening more and more.  I finally realized the other day, that I've gone back to being a total sluggard when I get out of bed in the mornings.  I'm dragging and listless.  And stupid.  My brain doesn't work as well when it's fueled primarily by carbs.  So it's back to the primal eating plan:  meat and vegetables and fat.  Even if extra weight never magically falls off, I'd rather feel strong and healthy than tired and listless.

~7~
I might start a new knitting project this weekend, during my breaks.  I bought some yarn with my Birthday Money, and I can't wait to use it!  Of course, I might try working on my sweater that I already started this summer----but I need a very simple project that I can cary with me for those (very) occasional spare moments.

~~~~~
Tell me what you're doing this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...