Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Daybook

Outside my window...
...A mackeral sky.  Does that mean more rain this afternoon?

I am thinking... 
...about how sore I am from yesterday's painting session. 
....about the most efficient way to paint the basement considering how much stuff is down there!

I am thankful for...
...friends who tell me my paint color is really as bad as I think, and that I should take it back.
...an employee who sees that the difference in color is just bad enough to make it wrong, and mixes me a new one.  And gets the manager to refund the first gallon.
...a big son coming home today who can help put the bookshelves together and move everything back where it belongs (and then empty the next room or hallway).

From the lesson plans...
What are those?  I hope to finish the basement this week and spend next week working on lesson plans.  And cleaning up from last year, which we never actually finished.  I think we'll just end up picking up where we left off.

From the kitchen...
...we had a wonderful blackberry crisp on Saturday and Sunday with wild blackberries we picked Saturday a.m.  They grow on one of the jogging paths around here. 
...anything easy that the kids can fix.  No time or energy to do anything but paint.  Last night, Pip made pancakes for us.  Yay!

I am wearing...
...Shorts and a paint splattered t-shirt.  Unfortunately, it's my special shirt with a print of Mom's painting on it, but I suppose it's appropriate since her clothes were often paint-splattered.

I am creating...
...a liveable space downstairs.  Clearing up the clutter as I repaint, little by little.

I am reading...
Born to Run, by a guy who asked the question "Why does my foot hurt?" and set out to find the answer.  Why can some people run effortlessly, even 100 mile races?  Very interesting, so far.  Not that I have any desire to be one of those people.

I am hoping...
...for the energy to get everything done that needs to be done!

I am hearing...
...Someone in the garage cleaning out a rabbit cage, and the tv on quietly.

Around the house...
...Did I mention the basement?
I am going...
...to paint the trim in the "exercise" room this morning, so it can be put back together.
...to take Tom to do some service hours this morning and some grocery shopping while he's there.
...to go pick up Pete who has been with his siblings in Athens for 4 days.
One of my favorite things...
...painting,  or at least being finished painting.  New, clean walls.
...lots of time to listen to podcasts

I am praying for...
...Gus, Eric, Mary Ann, the people in Joplin, our priests...

A few plans for the rest of the week...
...Writing a letter about my relationships with my siblings growing up.  A special request that I haven't yet found the time to do.  I wonder if that has anything to do with the turbulent nature of said relationships?
...AHG paperwork for summer camp
...swim meet
...making sure my boys have all they need for summer camp next week
...painting, painting, and more painting!


A photo thought...

2 comments:

  1. Is the picture your basement? We have a huge room that needs to have something done with it. Because Joshua is staying home next year for college, I'm thinking of creating a space for him. Used to be play room, then school room, now collecting space/sewing room. The carpet is trashed and I just hate to spend the money on new carpet, but I can't build a room on top of yucky carpet. Thinking of carpet squares, buy have no idea if they are expensive.

    Is this new space Katie's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is our so-called "exercise room" where we keep the dumbbells, workout videos, steps, and no furniture! We still have a playroom and 2 bedrooms down the hall.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...