Friday, March 27, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday



~~~1~~~

I'm always shocked when I get up in the morning and I find Jen's 7 Quick Takes on her blog. Is it really Friday already? Where did the week go and, more importantly, where is that feeling of impending relaxation that should go with it? Sometimes we get surprised with a peaceful weekend, but more often than not, Friday is just the beginning of 3 days of complicated scheduling, driving, and more driving.

~~~2~~~

Adding to the frustration of the weekend tangle is the fact that we're already a little tired from Hitch's late evening drama practices all week long. I try to remember that it is probably harder on him than on me. After all, when I go pick him up at 8 p.m. there isn't any traffic problem, and I get to come home and go to bed at my usual time. He still has homework to do and tests to study for starting at 9 p.m.!

~~~3~~~

I had to make another trip to Joann's yesterday for more costume supplies for our homeschool plays. I love looking at the fabric selections and dreaming of the possibilities, but that is not what I was there for! Nevertheless, in the clearance section I found a gorgeous lightweight linen in my favorite, favorite color---a bright, bluish turquoise! They were also having a "stock-up" sale on Butterick patterns---only $1.50!!!!--- and I found the pattern for a dress they had on a mannequin last year that I loved. I guess it should go without saying that I bought both the fabric and the pattern and I'll be making myself an Easter dress.

~~~4~~~

The kids and I have been using our monastery bell for the past couple of days and it's great. I know we're still in the "honeymoon" phase, but I'm hoping we can develop some better habits this way. And, yes, we really do have a bell. It's a beautiful little hand bell that the Pipster gave me as a gift. He saw it at the Catholic shop at our parish and tried to buy it. The owner said that it wasn't for sale; she had gotten it in Rome. Seems like there was some connection to JPII, but I don't remember. Anyway, she just gave it to him because he's so cute, I guess. We keep in on the Green Thing in the hall and use it to call the family to prayer, or just to call the big boys who are way down in the basement and can't hear!

~~~5~~~

It's almost time for the bell to ring and my 7 quick takes are taking tooooo long, as usual!

(So I'll cheat!)

~~~6~~~

KT is supposed to be coming home sometime today so she can see Hitch's show. I'm looking forward to her and seeing "Harvey" too. I hear from the grapevine that he is one of the most entertaining parts of the production.

~~~7~~~

Oh, I'll close with this....how many of you clicked on the ShamWow video and watched it the other day? I was shocked that no one commented on it. You have to watch it; it's a hysterical parody of the ShamWow commercial, which I have never seen, but the kids have and they somehow stumbled across this song. They (okay, WE) like it so much that they've put it on their Ipod! I think it's like the movie Napoleon Dynamite: it gets funnier every time you watch it. Here it is again for your Friday Fun:




I want to hear how much you enjoyed it!!! Oh, and if you have tried ShamWow, let me know!

4 comments:

  1. we do have a sham-wow, and they do work well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - now I want one. I've never seen the real commercial, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey - This site http://www.octamom.com/2009/03/treasure-chest.html reminded me of your "green thing".

    I couldn't get the shamwow clip to come up - my computer must be blocking.

    I'm on the look out for a bell!! My neighbor has one too and it sounds wonderful compared to my nagging hollering voice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when you mentioned the dress on the mannequin at Joann's, I KNEW it... my daughter bought that pattern and some goreous fabric LAST spring... and she is planning on making herself that dress this year... :) it is a beautiful dress!

    and my sister loves the sham wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...