Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday Fail!

Crap.

I was really hoping I could let this little Friday routine die. But until I change my habits, it probably won't die of it's own accord.

As we were going through the week, I was thinking that there might not be anything to post about this week. Alas, no. And let me tell you---this is a failure in so many ways.

It was my busiest day this week, Wednesday. We had to go to the Farmer's Market to pick up our produce, eggs & milk. Then we went to Joann's to get some more yarn for the scarf, then to Costco to pick up the Christmas cards. All in the pouring, "driving" rain!

Then we came home to lunch and finish up important schoolwork in 1.5 hours, during which time I decided to slice the turnips to roast them before they went bad. Got them in the oven, but they weren't done in time so I turned off the oven before piano.

Forgetting that we were going straight to The School to pick up the big boys and we didn't return until 5. Did I mention the driving rain that was still coming down? Seriously, don't they know we're in an extreme drought and it never rains like this?

So I had 2 hours to straighten up and get some things done before Choir. Fortunately I had gotten dinner into the crockpot. The non-burning kind. The best decision I made all day.

I awoke at 5 a.m. realizing the turnips were still in the oven. Sigh. But since I knew they wouldn't kill me, I turned the oven back on to finish cooking them. I know some of you are shocked, but we're a hardy lot! Our foremothers wouldn't have wasted them!

Between the computer and a much-needed shower, somehow those suckers got over-cooked, and here they are:

Just between you and me, I think it was the computer addiction that led to the demise of the turnips. Just as it led to the demise of my beautiful, broccoli soup the day before. I know you''ll be sorry to hear I didn't take a picture, but I was just too ticked off!

I had only gotten onto the computer for the simple purpose of downloading the Christmas picture onto a disk to take to Costco when I discovered the secret place where Costco hides the order form for Christmas cards. I spent over an hour designing my card (which I ended up NOT loving, after all) while my soup boiled away and burned to a crispy mess on the bottom of my pot. Sigh. My sweet children just thought it needed to keep cooking.

I need to STOP the insanity. STOP multi-tasking. So, today, I'm not going to do anything EXCEPT feed my computer addiction. The rest of the household can wait.


You know I'm joking, right?

5 comments:

  1. been there - done that!
    I had a friday fail last week - mine was a bit more disasterous... smokey

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fail nearly every time I cook too. Can't make a batch of cookies without burning 2 out of 3 sheets of them. LOL (With you, not at you, right).

    Darn computer addictions.

    Don't forget your 7 inches of scarf, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot type the belly laugh coming from me at this moment -- JB is in the other room saying, "What mom, what?" as I chuckle -- love, ss

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we have all done that!

    My problem is garlic bread... At least it use to be, growing up. Everytime my mom would have me broil the bread, I would burn it. A couple weeks ago I had most of my siblings over for a big dinner, and what did I do... Yep.. The bread was black! And they all said, "You always burn the bread!!" I really don't, just when I am around them, so I think it is actually their fault!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica - i just did that last night!! i put the timer on too, but i had a neighbor on my front porch dropping some things off and well, you know...

    it was on fire when i pulled it out!! It was still good though - just burnt on the edges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...