Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The 5th Day of Christmas

....and still on vacation. KT's taking my car for the day, so I'll be forced to stay home and relax!

Knitting, reading, puzzling, a little shopping. I'm starting to think what a shock it will be for school to start next Monday. I probably should put a little planning on my list of things to do while on vacation since we have birthdays to celebrate on the 6th and 10th. Oh, wait, does that mean I have to do more shopping? Dang. Shopping and knitting fish hats.

I almost forgot! I won a giveaway at O Night Divine! I won a Twelve Days of Christmas lapbook from Lindy at Lapbooks for Catholics. I don't think I've won anything in 19 years, since I won a sewing machine from Regis and Kathy Lee. Yes, I did! I was thrilled at the time and I still rely on that machine, but they sure give away much more expensive prizes now!

Anyway, I couldn't waste the 12 Days of Christmas by waiting until school starts, so we're working on the lapbook already. I don't think we'll finish it before the 12 days are up. I'm pretty sure we'll order a couple more after this one---like the one on St. Paul---and I don't know where we'll go after that. We've only done one lapbook before (made up my own on St. Nicholas last year), and it was fun doing it. I think the kids really cement the information as they put each of the little booklets together. These are just the thing for livening up the school days during the wickedly dreary homeschooling days of January and February where we struggle to get motivated each and every day. OMG, just typing that makes me dread the coming of next week.

I'll have to take some pictures of our lapbook. Maybe I'll get my new camera today! It's in the mail! I'm sure you'll all appreciate the photo quality on the blog after this. It will be wonderful to have a screen larger than a postage stamp and 10 megapixels!

I'm going to make a little carry-case for it following this tutorial. I made a beautiful one for KT for Christmas, but it only fits her phone. Maybe it will fit my camera.

Enjoy the rest of your Christmas, ya'll. I know lots of people are taking down decorations, but I'm enjoying mine fully until the 6th. That is, the Twelfth Day of Christmas. Then, and only then, will I think about starting to take them down. A little at a time.

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking the same thing this morning about school plans. Where did all those days go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing what a slow poke I am, you won't be surprised to hear that I think I'll just leave alot of my decorations up til we move (the builder moved the closing to the middle of Feb.) I am on vacation too and it is swell, love in Christ, ss

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...