Friday, August 17, 2012

Quick Quick Takes!


---1---

I'm taking 15 minutes to do my 7 Quick Takes today, and then I need to wake the kids so we can start our busy day.  Okay Go!

---2---

Cheated, didn't I?  ;-)  

I kind of wanted to blog about it, but I also kind of didn't want to---but I made another Consecration to Mary on Wednesday, the Solemnity of the Assumption.  After following the 33 Days to Morning Glory, we went to Mass in the morning, and I came home to type out the consecration prayer.  I knelt before the crucifix and a statue of the Blessed Virgin and made my consecration.  Signed my paper and went about my day.  It was beautiful and peaceful.  No "magic" happened, but that doesn't mean that nothing changed.  I hoped maybe I'd suddenly become an inspirational blogger, but apparently I sort of lost the desire to blog (at least this week).

---3---

I also had a special lunch with a new friend on Wednesday, which was a nice, peaceful interlude in the day.  I left the kids for a couple of hours to read literature for school.  They loved it.  The only thing that would have made it better is if I had brought them food afterward.

---4---

Tomorrow is the Big Day when my first nestling leaves the nest for good.  I know she'll be only 30 minutes away, but that's not really what it's about, is it?  It's not the distance; it's the finality.

---5---

This week is Crunch time for American Heritage Girls.  It seems like it hasn't stopped all summer, but now we have a recruitment night coming up, followed quickly by the big Kickoff, which is going to be a bigger deal than we've ever done before.  So, sticking to a 15 minute blog post is about all I should be doing!

---6---

I'm cantoring at a funeral this afternoon.  I haven't sung at a funeral in ages, and I was a little surprised to get the call from our old parish.  I can only guess that the family wanted traditional hymns with the organ instead of the guitar.  The Music Director isn't available for weekday funerals because he has another job.


---7---

Gotta run.  Say a prayer for my cantoring and for my baby daughter moving out, please.  It's going to be really strangely quiet around the dinner table with just 5 of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Join the fun at Jen's for more 7 Quick Takes!

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...