Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Giant Eclair for Clare

I saw a couple of different recommendations in the blogosphere for using eclairs to celebrate the feast of St. Clare, but we weren't home that day to do anything for Katie.  

We did take her out for pizza, which is Italian, as St. Clare was.  So that counts, right?  We went to Big Pie in the Sky as seen on Man v. Food for it's Carnivore Challenge.  Everyone had to point out, as we drove in, "where the guy threw up" against the wall.  Great dining conversation.

Since Sunday was Katie's last Living at Home Sunday Dinner, I decided to make a giant eclair for her. I could have made separate ones, but someone suggested doing it in a bundt pan to save time, which was a great suggestion.


It's flat because I had to turn it upside down for the filling to stay in!


Oh, man, it was awesome.  I don't think I've ever made eclairs before, though I remember my mom making them a few times.  We'll definitely have to try again and make individual ones.  It does have flour, which I try to avoid, but it's not much, and it definitely has very little sugar.

Yum, yum, yum.

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...