Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Triduum

Blogging has definitely been sparser than usual around here because I've been staying away from the computer a bit more, and now we're on spring break.  It has still been a full week so far.  

Music is mostly taking up my time---I had an extra rehearsal Sunday afternoon, then another 2 hours on Tuesday, and our regular choir rehearsal last night which was exhausting.  What makes it so exhausting is that we're doing things very differently from past years with our new pastor and choir director.  Very few of the old standards and lots of new Psalm settings (which we received very late in the season) add up to a lot of extra work and worry.

Ever since my Total Consecration to the Blessed Virgin, I've been wondering, "What now?" I haven't done a lot of research, but I also didn't see anything in the book about how to live my life now.  Are there certain prayers I'm supposed to say?  Besides the rosary, that is.  So, it came to me that I could offer her all my worries and fears about choir, and ask for her prayers, and let her comfort me.  It helped a lot yesterday, and last night.  I still didn't sleep through the night (for the 3rd night in a row), but when I was awake and thinking about singing tonight, my heart wasn't pounding and my stomach wasn't in knots!

I'll be glad when tonight is over.  I'm glad I don't have to sing on Friday, but there's still the long Easter Vigil and Easter Sunday to get through.  Being involved in Church music certainly gives one lots to offer up during these last few days of Lent!

I hope you are having a peaceful, prayerful Triduum.  It's a Lenten marathon, but it's so beautiful to experience these 3 days with Christ.  Even when you've had a less-than-stellar Lent, the Triduum makes it all better.

God bless!  See you in Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...