Monday, April 23, 2012

Morning After Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
...Sunny and COLD!  I'm wrapped in a blanket as I sit here watching videos on my computer this morning.  I'm knitting, but my hands are freezing, so I'm taking a break to type and warm them up!

I am thinking...
...About the nice weekend we had with The In-Laws who came to town for Tom's Confirmation yesterday.  The Confirmation Mass was lovely last night.  It was at the regular Life Teen Mass, which I wasn't excited about, but I found I was totally able to ignore the drums during the music.  ahem.  Maybe it was due to my prayer before Mass started that I would be able to pray the Mass and hear the music only to the extent that it helped my prayer.

I am thankful...
...to Barbara for her menu suggestions for the party.  The food was fairly simple, but it was delicious.  And that's good because half the party ended up unable to make it, so we have lots of food left over!

From the learning rooms...
...Math, Math, History, and Science seem to be what we're focusing on these days.

In the kitchen...
...Leftovers.  And that's good because I'm tired of cooking.

I am wearing...
...Jeans and my gray, handknit sweater that you haven't seen a picture of because I don't love it.  Heck, I don't even like it!  I'm wearing it because it's cozy and I'm trying to learn to like it.  But I am pretty sure that won't happen, and I'll either try to fix it (unlikely) or give it away (likely).  Maybe I'll even attempt the pattern again with a different yarn, but we'll see.  There are lots of other lovely knits out there.  Oh, and I'm wrapped in a blanket, because it's COLD!

I am knitting...
Something cute and cozy and I love it.  But it's not for me.  It's a prayer blanket, and there are lots of much-needed prayers knit up in it!

I am going...
...To curl up on the sofa with my cold, sleepy kids this morning.  We're going to read, and do our schoolwork gently because re-entry is hard after a big weekend.

...To call a dear friend who got some very bad news at the doctor on Friday.  I'm hoping and praying for a miracle, because if anyone deserves one, she does.


I am reading...
The Truth About St. Therese

I am hoping...
...for that miracle.

I am looking forward to...
...Sleeping.  I didn't get enough sleep this weekend, and too much sugar (which I did get enough of) makes me sleepy.

Around the house...
...It's nice and clean, and we'll try to keep it that way while we focus on laundry today!

One of my favorite things...
...Flourless chocolate cake for breakfast with coffee.  

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Lots of knitting, praying, schooling, visiting, and hugs.


Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...