Saturday, April 7, 2012

Holy Saturday

Yesterday was such a beautiful day!  A lazy day in many respects.  I didn't do any cooking and only the most minimal straightening around the house.

We started the day...late...by watching The Passion of the Christ.  Tom and I wanted to see it, as did Meg.  Obviously, she closed her eyes a LOT for all the demons and hangings and scourging and crucifying!  I especially wanted her to see the flashbacks which I think are so beautiful.  Pip didn't particularly want to watch it, but it's mesmerizing, I guess, and he watched a lot....and watched with his eyes closed, too.  

After that we had time to straighten up and get dressed for Stations of the Cross at 3:00.  Gorgeous day for the outdoor stations on the river next to the church!  It was extremely moving for me, unlike any other Stations I've prayed before.  I don't know if it was the culmination of a half-way decent Lent, or having just watched the Passion, so it was all fresh in my mind.  I didn't even mind kneeling outdoors on my bare knees.


I think this Lovely Lady had so much to do with my grace-filled Lent this year!
 After Stations, we went into the Church for Day 1 of the Divine Mercy Novena, followed by a hunger meal in the family center.  We were able to visit with a couple of our favorite deacons while they ate, and then we just hung out in the church library for an hour or so until it was time for the evening service.

It was after 8:30 by the time we got home and everyone snacked before bed and unwound a bit.  Today, I'm sort of paying for doing "nothing" yesterday (or all week), and I have cooking, baking, cleaning and decorating to do.  Oh, and a little music rehearsal.  But that's okay because today is a day of waiting...waiting for the glorious resurrection.


Have a Blessed Holy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...