Friday, May 21, 2010

7 Quick Takes



1.


TMax and Pipster got new backpacks for Boy Scouts.  Tom's is pretty big!

2.

First day of swim team practice this year!  Tom and Pip missed it because they had to go to Boy Scouts.




Her BFF helping with sit-ups.


Dry land warm-ups.  

3.

Last night was the end-of-the-year banquet and awards ceremony for American Heritage Girls.  I enjoyed planning it and organizing the whole thing, even though that job should have been delegated to someone else.  I did not particularly enjoy standing in front of everyone being the M.C., making speeches and announcements, and generally being the Person In Charge.  What does that say about my personality?

Nevertheless, I did it.  I was probably blushing the whole time---I used to think that I could tell when I'm blushing, but evidently I can't because people tell me all the time now that I'm blushing and don't realize it.  Everyone said it was a success, so I'm happy.

I'm even happier that I had a really Good Night's Sleep last night!

4.

I spend my Friday's in blog heaven now!  I discovered The Inspired Room a while back, and she has a linky party on Fridays where I just open 25 tabs on my computer and read about decorating and thrifty projects.  It's so much fun.  And it's perfect that it's on Fridays because I can just drop everything and go thrifting or yard-saling because I'm inspired.

No, you're right.  I can't (usually) drop everything, but the inspiration lives on in my heart, and it sure is fun to read the blogs for and hour!

5.

Awaking to the sound of rain this morning was wonderful!  While the weather has been gorgeous and I've been too busy to enjoy it, I'm happy to have this nice soft, steady rain today.  It means I don't have to go to the garden today and water.  I think I'll just be staying indoors to read with my kids.  We've got The Hundred and One Dalmations from the library.  I've only read a couple of pages, but I'm charmed already.  I hear it is so much better than the Disney animated movie.

6.

Tomorrow is clean-up day at the parish.  I think we'll be going, but I may skip out early and drop by our community garden.  There will be a man there talking about the importance of honey bees and beekeeping.  I'd love to hear it.

7.


1 comment:

  1. My friends hubby just collected his first honey of the season

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...