Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What's in the Kitchen?



Doing a lot of cooking in advance of the Big Day, mostly because I wanted to deliver a Thanksgiving dinner to my grown boy who won't be able to be with us for Thanksgiving for the first time, ever.  #sadface

I made a turkey that we've been eating for the past couple of days, rehearsing for Thursday.  I also included his favorite sausage/mushroom dressing, green beans, sweet potatoes, and cinnamon rolls.  Dangit, I forgot the cranberry sauce!  I left it on the kitchen counter!


The true highlight, of course, will be Pioneer Woman's Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, which are pretty heavenly!  When they came out of the oven and needed to be frosted, I realized I had already used all the milk, so we were forced to improvise and use egg nog.  That icing is pretty. amazing.  Let me tell you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Cinnamon rolls with egg nog icing! I think I might have passed out there for a second. I better go get a towel to wipe this drool off my keyboard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...