Monday, November 18, 2013

Indian Summer Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
Sunny and warm.  Dare I say "hot"?  Last week all the wimpy southerners were freezing because the temp was as low as 27 overnight; now it's warm---so warm I started sweating while walking the dog!  Feels like it's close to 70.

I am thinking...
A million things as usual.  This morning, (why is it always Monday?) I was full of negativity.  Just tired of being me.  Tired of writing complete sentences, too, I guess.  So God has given me something else to focus on instead of myself---a sick child.

I am thankful...
For my hard-working husband who whispers words of affirmation in my ears on Monday morning.

From the school table...
Only one student, and my knitting.  The sick one suggested he might read Thucydides to keep up with his work, but I said no.   The book would be too heavy for his weakened hands to hold, and I don't think his fevered brain would retain much at all.

In the kitchen...
Egg drop soup with lots of garlic and ginger.

I am wearing...
Jeans with a 3/4 sleeve cotton top.  Toms.

What I’m doing with fiber...
Knitting a pair of Porthos socks.  They're going to be beautiful if I have the stamina to make 2 of them.  If you'll recall, I hate knitting socks.  Don't ask why I'm doing this.  ;-)

I am wondering...
If it's the flu.  Really weak.  High fever---at least 102 by my maternal thermometer, which is far more accurate than any digital thermometer I've owned since mercury went out of style!

I am reading...
I finished reading Seabiscuit last week.  Really enjoyed that, and I'd like to see the move, but it doesn't seem to be available for streaming anywhere.  Drat it all.  All these TV providers are in cahoots with one another to make us use all their services!

I am hoping and praying...
...for Thomas Peters' continued recovery
...for the souls of the faithful departed
...for all those lost and surviving in the Philippines

I am looking forward to...
Thanksgiving break!

I am hearing on my ipod...
Since I'm between books, I can catch up on some of my podcasts.

One of my favorite things...
My breakfast on Instagram:  http://instagram.com/p/g3K_g8yHr8/
And that's "hot" coffee.  I don't know what "hit coffee" is.  ;-)

A few plans for the rest of the week...
School?  No School? Thanksgiving feast at school?  Or not?  AHG?  or not?  All things up in the air depending illness and the spread thereof.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
I got nothin.  Go look at my breakfast, again.  :-)


Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. So sorry! get better soon! And no Thucydides and fevers do NOT mix!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...