Monday, September 5, 2011

I had grand plans to blog this weekend, but they didn't pan out.  I even started my Friday 7 Quick Takes on Thursday to be ahead of the game.  You'll notice (or maybe you didn't!) that they didn't get posted at all.  I guess I got a little busy!

Fortunately, we seem to be past the point of "insanely busy" and have reached a nice, doable, "ordinary busy".  I've just been enjoying life the past few days!

FWIW, here's the streaming version of my Quick Takes:
~~~

Yesterday Thursday, Meg had to do an oral report on a saint.  She's reading through 57 Stories of Saints this year, and her saint for the day was St. Anthony of Padua.  She did a beautiful job on the report and remembered many details.  I made a comment about him being one of Pippo's patrons, and we started talking about family patrons.  When she asked about the name Maximilian, I told them all about St. Maximilian Kolbe, though I'm pretty sure they had heard it before, and I ended up in major tears.  He does that to me every time!

I'm glad I don't have to do Saint Reports every week and cry in front of the class!

~~~
Got a new little vacuum the other day.  A Shark Navigator.  It's little but powerful, and the price was right.  Part of me would like a Dyson, but I hate to spend a ton of $$ on a machine that's not going to live up to the cost (again).   I hear conflicting reviews.  Anyway...this little guy sucks amazingly!  Doesn't it shock you, when you get a new vacuum, how much dirt the new one picks up that the old one was leaving behind?

~~~
Trying out this new Blogger interface today.  It's so clean and empty, it feels naked.  I like having a much larger text box, but it gives me that feeling of having too much white space to fill up.  Sort of like Writer's Block.  Anyone else tried it yet and feel the same way?

~~~
Yesterday being Sunday, we sat down to watch our Netflix disc that had been sitting around for a week because no one wanted to tackle it:  St. John Bosco.  It was seriously long---seemed like 4 hours---but it was awesome.    Another great Saint to emulate.  I just love these joyous men, like him and St. Philip Neri, who gave their lives to these "at risk" boys, to make them into good men.

~~~
Pippo wants to celebrate Earth Day, which I interpret to mean that he wants Family Time.  So, at some point today, we'll turn off the electronics and "rough it".  I take it to mean that I don't need to cook dinner, but he's of the opinion that I can light the gas stove with a match and still use it.  Drat.  I thought we could just have cereal, and he could wash the dishes by hand.

~~~
Since this isn't Friday, it also isn't 7 Quick Takes.  So I'll go spend time with my knitting family, now.

Enjoy your Labor Day!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we made it through St. John Bosco because we couldn't watch it in one night and then life got in the way. Those Ignatius Press movies are wonderful.

    I have not tried Blogger Interface. Will have to give it a whirl. What's the diff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like your vacuum! I know a few people who like that kind. I splurged on the Dyson Animal (I have 2 shedding dogs) a few years ago and still L.O.V.E it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...