Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer Daybook

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...It's gorgeous out there!  Beautiful, blue sky and fluffy, white clouds.  But looks can be deceiving!  Yesterday the humidity was a kill, and it seems the same today.  I can't even remember when it has been so bad here.  We definitely have the A/C running again, although we keep the temp fairly high, usually 80.  Part of the reason for that is that we basically just use it to cut the humidity and we're comfortable there.  Yes, sometimes it's warm, but our HVAC guy says the indoor temp shouldn't be set more than 15 degrees cooler than outside!  So, that's about right except on the very hottest days of the year.

I am thinking...About plans for the beach next week and what I need to do to get ready.  I'm also debating whether to add a few scheduled blog posts to my to-do list for this week.  As I have no blogging ideas just now, it may be pretty quiet here next week!

I am thankful for...Air Conditioning.  I can handle a lot of things, but not super-high humidity!

From the learning rooms...I've been trying to sell a few schoolbooks and will get into that more seriously in July when we're back from the beach (Yikes, but that seems sooo close to school starting!).   I've also been making notes for how I want to school my last. two. homeschoolers.  Kind of sad, but there are so many opportunities for fun.

One of our plans for today is to go to the Used Book and Uniforms sale at Tom's new school.  That will be exciting.  I know he'll enjoy having the books in hand, but he's already a little nervous about the summer assignments he has!
  
From the kitchen...We made a big batch of meatballs last night to take to the beach.  The kids Love these meatballs and ate quite a few of them.  I like to use grated parmesan cheese instead of bread crumbs in them.   I think it adds a lot more flavor.

I am wearing...Summer Uniform.  Capris and a scoop-neck tee.  No shoes!

I am creating...Plans.  Plans for beach, plans for school, plans for knitting at the beach.  I'm thinking about creating a tie-dye project.  I ruined my favorite khaki capris last week.  They got splashed with strawberry juice and I put Oxyclean on them before washing, but it left behind bleach stains!  Does that happen to anyone besides me with stain remover???  So, I'm thinking about dyeing them for the beach.  I can't imagine ever wearing them anywhere but the beach, but it sounds like fun.

I am going...to buy those school books today.  It's also my day to stop by our community garden and take the donations to the local charity/food bank.

I am reading...Too Many Books.  I just can't even go into it, I'm so overwhelmed.  :-)

I am hoping...To get lots of good deals today at the book/uniform sale.  I'm hoping to get everything done patiently this week.  I'm really, really, hoping that Pete will get a job today at Chik fil-A when he goes to his interview!  Say a prayer, will you?

I am hearing...A fan running.  It's the box fan we bought when we turned off the A/C, but I find it makes a nice breeze on the front, hot side of the house in the a.m.

I'm also listening to a podcast on SQPN while I type.  Listening to Catholic Weekend today.

Around the house...Not nearly as energetic as some of my fellow bloggers, I'm trying to keep the mess under control as we're in and out all day long.  Especially the kids.  They're either running in and out, or I am as take them places or pick them up.  It seems we're in constant motion here.  

One of my favorite things...
Sitting at the pool, in the shade, reading a good book, with a nice, cold beverage at hand.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  I think I mentioned getting ready for the beach?  There's also piano, an AHG meeting, a home swim meet.  And then on Friday, the real prep work starts!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Not sharing today!  Every time I do, it's a nightmare of restarting Safari and re-typing my post.  Plus, I'll miss the podcast if the system crashes.  Next time.  :-)


You can find more daybooks here:  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ 

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the pants. Did you let the OxyClean dry? The only time I've ever had trouble is when I've accidentally let it dry. Did you try running it through a wash cycle with a big scoop of Oxy Clean? Maybe it will even out the "stain." I hate losing a favorite item of clothes to a stain. Pooh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...