Friday, June 11, 2010

7 Quick Takes


~1~

Today we honor the Sacred Heart of Jesus (read more about this devotion here). If you haven't consecrated your home by Enthronement of the Sacred Heart, today is a perfect day to do so! If you've already done so, it is a good day to renew the consecration! It is also a good day to pray the Litany of the Sacred Heart. You can download the Litany, in Microsoft Word .doc format, inEnglish and in Latin.

A plenary indulgence is granted to those who, under the usual conditions, publicly make an 
Act of Reparation to the Sacred Heart on this day. 


~2~

Last night was the Longest Swim Meet Ever.  One more for the year, and we're done.

~3~

I made Strawberry Freezer Jam yesterday since I picked up a bunch of strawberries at Trader Joes.  They were a deal, so I thought I'd do something fun with them.

I had no idea how sweet freezer jam is.  Just a taste from the bottom of the bowl made me dizzy and lightheaded!

Today, some of it has separated, leaving a layer of sugar on the bottom.  Can you say, "Too much sugar?"

~4~

Yesterday I also made a batch of homemade yogurt which, for some unknown reason, didn't work very well.  There was a ton of whey in it when I took it out after the meet.  Well, since it was so late, I decided to let it drain overnight, and I woke up this morning to Cheese.  Or Quark, as you may recall.  I'm sure Dear Husband will be fine with that, but now we a) don't have yogurt, and b) have a gallon of whey to use.

~5~

I had a very yummy breakfast of quark with strawberry jam on top.  

~6~

I'm ready to get out of the house and go shopping so I can prepare a Feast for my family with a cake honoring the Two Hearts.  Maybe I'll show you how it turns out.
Because tomorrow is the Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

~7~

And I'm looking forward to going to Mass tonight.  

~~~~~~~~~~

Have a Glorious Day!

You can read more 7 Quick Takes at Jen's.

1 comment:

  1. All homemade jam is very sweet. But yummy. If your sugar didn't dissolve, maybe it was too much. Or not enough stirring. ;-)

    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...