Monday, February 25, 2013

February Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
Yesterday was spring-like.  Today is cloudy and rainy (again).

I am thankful...
For Mac and Katherine Barron, of Catholics in a Small Town podcast, talking about Unplugged Sundays that they practice during Lent.  We tried it yesterday, and it was really good!  Necessary work on the part of my husband was still permitted, but mindless surfing, tweeting, FBing, texting, was not.  I had things to do out of the house, so maybe I didn't experience the full day at home, but I was calmer and didn't feel as if my day dribbled away, into the black hole.  Dh said that he got so many little things done, and he was more relaxed and recharged.  The teenagers suffered the most, and I will admit that we did turn on the TV after dinner for the Oscars.  I figured that's most of the family that's interested, so it's a family activity, but the mindless viewing throughout the day was curtailed.  As it should be every day!

From the school table...
Lots to do.  The kids have to take those assessment tests for the hybrid school tomorrow.  They're a bit nervous.  Neither one is a stellar test-taker.  Do you have a little prayer you can spare?

In the kitchen...
Some new recipes this week.  I hope I'm going to find some time to sit down and plan long-term menus.

I am wearing...
Still in jammies this morning.  It's Monday.  Too hard to face working out, rain, and homeschooling.  And the kids are "up" but sleeping. :-/

I am knitting...
A drop-stitch scarf.  Mine is blue, not variegated at all.  I'm starting to love it, but I think the knitting-without-a-break during the Oscars last night may be the cause of my sore shoulder this morning.  :-(  Good thing I didn't watch all of them!

I am going...
To be having lots of "free" afternoons this week as Tom has late play rehearsals every day.

I am praying...
For our priests.  There was a really dispiriting incident at Mass yesterday.  Many prayers for our pastor, the parochial vicars, and the flock.  More to come on that, probably.

I am looking forward to...
From Thursday to Saturday is going to be busy this week.  I'm looking forward to it:  AHG Court of Honor; 33 Days to Morning Glory consecration program starts; How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying onstage.

I am hearing on my ipod...
Still listening to Return of the King in the car, so less time for podcasts.  But I always make time for Catholics in a Small Town, Catholic Weekend, and Just a Catholic Dad.

Around the house...
Time to start seriously decluttering with all my free afternoons this week!


Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...