Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November Daybook

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...
The sun is coming up earlier than usual, and it's clear and balmy this morning.  It promises to be another fabulous fall day.  I've pretty much decided that fall is my favorite season as the leaf colors are just stunning!  It's hard to match that crisp air and colorful foliage with anything else during the year.

I am thinking...
Elizabeth's post on children and their free will, and a neighbor that my boys used to play with (the brother of Meg's buddy), who has been arrested for armed robbery at the start of his college career.  I'm so sad for him, and for her, and their whole family.

I am thankful...
for the relative peace in my home!  We have our ups and downs, and God willing, we'll never go down that path.

From the learning rooms...
Yesterday was an amazingly good day for a Monday!  We usually struggle with attitude and the amount of work.  For some reason, we got it all done with a good will in time for our noon dentist visit!
In the kitchen...
I'm gearing up to make a couple of months worth of weekly menu plans with shopping lists.  The weekly lists in
 
were a HUGE help when I was desperate.  Now that I've been through the book, I want to make my own menus and leave out the few recipes I didn't care for.  Plus, I want to make room for some of our old favorites.  


Is there a program out there that will help me compile all these recipes and lists?
I am wearing...
my workout clothes.  Go, me!
I did my workout, and it was mercifully short, but I can feel it.
I am creating...
a V-neck cotton sweater.  
I am going...
I'm hoping to stay home today to wait for the Tree Guy to come give us an estimate on removing 2 trees.  If I get out before after-school pickup, I will go to the thrift stores in search of costume items!

I am reading...
Still reading Wheat Belly by William Davis, M.D..  I noticed last night that I've read only 75 pages of 260-ish, but I'm completely convinced.  That, and the testimonials on his blog are very compelling.  But I have to finish soon because our book club meeting is coming up!
 
I am hoping...
My dog gets potty trained soon!  He's just not good at letting us know what he wants.  We take him out on a pretty good schedule, and once in a while he'll sit at the front door (and in a greater while, he'll actually whine!), but there are other times when he just wanders off, with no notice that we can tell, and pees upstairs or in the library.  What's up with that?
I am listening on my ipod to...
my favorite podcasts:  Just a Catholic Dad, Catholic Weekend, the Rosary Army rosary, and a new to me one:  Among Women.
I am hearing...
The jingle of doggie tags as you-know-who wanders around.
Around the house...
Trying to maintain a certain level of decent living during this very busy and hectic time, and I'm wondering how to incorporate Advent and Christmas this year.  Simple, beautiful, and doggie-proof.

Any ideas?

One of my favorite things...
As I posted on FB the other day, one of my favorite things is a family dinner where everyone is engaged in the conversation and there is laughter and fun.   It would be perfect if the whole family were present, though!  


I also love introducing the kids to something new and laughing together over it.  Last night, it was Bill Cosby and The Cosby Show.  I watched 4 episodes with Meg and Pippo---they loved it.  
A few plans for the rest of the week...
The usual:  BSA, Choir, AHG.
 Trivia on Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...