Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Daybook

Outside my window...
Cloudy, but warm today.  It's been a beautiful weekend and I'm loving the warm weather.  I hear it's supposed to cool off later in the week.  Whatever it does, I'll generally enjoy it; weather doesn't faze me too much.  I just let it happen.

And that's a really good plan when you think about how little control I have over it!  :~)

I am thinking...
about all the things I should be doing, but I'm busy reading blogs and listening to some new songs.  

I am thankful for...
feeling so well these days.  I'm getting a little tired of taking so many supplements, but they're really working.  My mood is so much better.  I'm not half-dead when I get up in the morning or overwhelmed by the day ahead.  And I have sufficient energy to get through my day without crashing at the end, or multiple times during the day.

(Got my blood drawn today.  We'll see in a couple of weeks what has changed with all these supplements.)  

From the  learning rooms kitchen table...
Thanksgiving movies and coloring pages?

From the kitchen...
Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls yesterday.  Yum.  And then a gooey pumpkin dessert that was too sweet for me (and that's saying something!).  I think I only ate sugar yesterday.  Well, I didn't, but the steak and broccoli got lost in the shuffle.

I am wearing...
The Uniform.  Today's variation is a big linen shirt that was my mother's.  It's like being wrapped in her arms.  I love wearing things that belonged to her, especially when her birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and she is on my mind a lot.  Would she really have been 73 this year?

I am creating...
Working my way through a second sock! And Saint Dolls!  And another scarf!  And Christmas ornaments!

I am going...
Crazy with projects I must finish and projects I just want to do for fun!  

I am reading...

St. Francis de Sales'Introduction to the Devout Life. Slowly.

I am hoping and praying...
for healing for lots of people with cancer, especially this little boy.  

And for the souls of all the faithful departed this month.

And for this family whose 7th child was just born with Trisomy 13, and who passed away after only 13 days.

And for that baby's uncle, Fr. Kevin Peek, who became an Army Chaplain a few years ago and just recently was re-deployed. 

I am hearing...
The TV is on and not much else.  College students are sleeping in.

Around the house...
Lots of errands to run today.  It will be one of those crazy, crazy days.  

I'm thinking we might break with tradition and put up our Christmas tree before Katie and Brendan go back to school on Saturday.

One of my favorite things...
Vacations.

few plans for the rest of the week
  Nothing usual about this week.  Family.  Food.  Fun.

It's also time to put together Christmas packages for extended family, to be delivered at Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, friend. I hope you get to knit...a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds terrific!

    I'm totally overwhelmed by the fact I don't have my Christmas shopping and presents anywhere near complete!!!

    Saturday is my deadline! Gonna be sewing till my hands smoke this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...