Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Daybook

Outside my window...
I should have a picture....the trees have been at their peak this past week.  They're simply lovely:  all the golds and oranges and bright red trees against the backdrop of the evergreens.  I've really enjoyed the driving this week----the daylight part, anyway.

I am thinking...
about my college kids coming home this weekend!  I'll be so happy to have them around for a week.

I am thankful for...
feeling so well these days.  I'm getting a little tired of taking so many supplements, but they're really working.  My mood is so much better.  I'm not half-dead when I get up in the morning or overwhelmed by the day ahead.  And I have sufficient energy to get through my day without crashing at the end, or multiple times during the day.  

From the  learning rooms kitchen table...
Still trying to stay on track and doing a little better at it this week.

From the kitchen...
It's time to go to the grocery store.  Somehow, I've gotten totally of schedule and out of my routine of making my menu and shopping on Saturday morning.  Being busy on Saturdays is part of the problem.

I am wearing...
Jeans.  My favorite handknit socks (I really need to make myself another pair; I love these!)  Aqua shirt and black sweater.  Just another variation on The Uniform.

I am creating...
Working my way through a second sock!  When I finished the first on on the weekend and showed it to my Dear Husband, he said: Now you have to make another one.

Umm, yeah.  Thanks for pointing that out, honey.  

I am going...

The usual places this week.  Choir.  No AHG this week.

I am reading...

St. Francis de Sales'Introduction to the Devout Life.

I am hoping and praying...
for healing for lots of people with cancer, especially this little boy.  

And for the souls of all the faithful departed this month.

And for this family whose 7th child was just born with Trisomy 13.

And for that baby's uncle, Fr. Kevin Peek, who became an Army Chaplain a few years ago and just recently was re-deployed. 

I am hearing...
Showers running.  Footsteps.  Early morning sounds.

Around the house...
Took a load to Goodwill yesterday after cleaning Meg's room on Saturday.  We rearranged and thoroughly cleaned everything.  Again.  It looks better and she's thrilled, though we were both completely exhausted by the endeavor, and she's trying to keep it clean.  We'll see how long that lasts!

One of my favorite things...
A roaring fire on a chilly, rainy morning, knitting in hand.  Coffee at my elbow. Diligently working children ranged at my feet.  (A girl can dream, can't she?)  

Which part of this picture is the dream, and which is the reality?

few plans for the rest of the week
   The usual: Choir, AHG, reading, knitting. 

It's also time to put together Christmas packages for extended family, to be delivered at Thanksgiving!

A picture thought...

Tom, with his "standee" of Dr. Seuss for English class.

More Daybooks here.

2 comments:

  1. Love your favorite things -- "Diligently working children ranged at my feet." NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I do love Dr S!!!

    did you know I share his Bday?? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...