Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Beachy Yarn Along



Picked up this little baby at the library today, and I can't wait to dig into it! I'm joking when I say "little" because it is HUGE. This annotated version ought to be extra fun! In case you don't know, I'm a huge Laura Ingalls Wilder fan and I'm thrilled to have a chance to read her original autobiography. I've read some of the "untold" stories in other books, but never her version.


My knitting project is Liesl. I've had the pattern for ages but never the money to buy all the yarn. I got this funky Berroco "Mixer" yarn----I think. All the labels have been torn up and I can't read them anymore! It's thick and thin: some parts shiny, some parts matte, and some parts stringy. But I love it because it's soft, silky, and reminds me of a cloudy day at the beach.

So now, after I help Meg roll out gingerbread cookies for school, I'm going to prop that book and see if I can knit and read at the same time! xo



4 comments:

  1. I wish I could read and knit at the same time. It makes me feel car sick -- too much head movement! Is this project just for you? I hope, if that yarn was dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I don't have to look down at the knitting for miles of stockinette, there's no head-bobbing! And yes, this project is for me. :-)

      Delete
  2. I used to live about two hours from DeSmet, SD so I'm a huge fan of hers (though I wish I'd visited DeSmet while I had the chance).

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have visited the Big Woods, Plum Creek, Mankato, DeSmet, and Mansfield, Mo. Only one place left to go...the LH on the prairie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...