Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas Knitting Yarn Along


Playing every knitter's favorite: a game of chicken between a sock and a ball of yarn. It's a toe-up sock so I can stop when I need to; plus I have a coordinating yarn that I can use as a cuff if I don't think it's long enough, but this ball of yarn is way smaller than I would like.  I'd like to finish this sock today so I can knit the mate and another pair before Christmas! Socks for men with large feet are a major undertaking.


I finally finished GWTW this morning---I got a lot of reading done because I awoke ridiculously early a couple of days in a row. I'm anxious to start Scarlett tonight when I've accomplished enough of my sock for the day.

Gone with the Wind is so good! I still love it after....36 years. Scarlett, the character, not the book, is a pitiful creature, though! I'm amazed at how self-centered she is. She's clueless about how anyone else feels, and especially what it takes to be a Great Lady. Rhett, scoundrel that he is, is so much wiser. Have you read it? I've been wondering, but not enough to look it up, if it has ever been banned like Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn for it's use of the 'n' word throughout."

Back to the sock....y'all drop in on the other knitters at Small Things! xo

3 comments:

  1. Your socks are lovely. I am doing a bit of gift knitting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. knitter's version of 'living on the edge'.....hope it works out for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man socks are big! Love the color way you are using!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...