Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Yarn Along

OMG. It has been a month since I did any blogging! I had no idea; I thought it was only a couple of weeks. I seem to have a lot of other things occupying brain space these days.

Naturally, working with yarn is one of the things taking up space---brain-wise and household-wise. I just participated in the annual Shop Hop around area yarn stores and bought enough yarn to keep me busy for the next year!

One project I spent a lot of time on is my Cat in the Hat baby blanket. It's done with Tunisian crochet instead of knitting. I think it is the Cutest Thing Ever! It's also my first Tunsian project. I remember my mom+ making an afghan with a long crochet hook and lots of stitches on the needle, but I never knew what it was. She's not around to ask anymore, but I finally found the answer, and it is so much fun!


I spent a good 36 hours listening to, while I crocheted that blanket, The Passage by Justin Cronin. It's about the government engineering a virus that creates vampires in order to build a more powerful army. I'm sure you can imagine how well that goes for them....and the rest of the country. Not well at all.  Despite the fact that it's about vampires, lol, it's very compelling and hard to put down. I just started reading the second part of the trilogy (is everything a trilogy these days?)---The Twelve. Just as gripping thus far!

Leave a comment so I'm motivated to blog more! ;-) I'm glad you dropped by!

8 comments:

  1. I always leave comments! I love your blanket -- is it for your shop? Is the Tunisian crochet complicated?

    I just started a shawl which would be a great knit for your shop. It is knitting pretty fast. It's the garter stitch shawl in my Ravelry projects. Also, the sweater vest/cardigan I just knit for Faith would look great on Meg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a faithful friend, Barbara! xo

      The blanket is for *another* shop, if you can believe it. I'll share soon. Tunisian crochet is actually very easy, at least the basic afghan stitch is. I haven't learned any other stitches, but it is simple and quick, and less twisty on the wrist than regular single crochet.

      I like Faith's cardigan; I just don't know if Meg would wear it!

      Delete
  2. That little blanket turned out great! I just brought an audio book home too today, I usually knit while watching TV or listening to podcasts, so we'll see if I can actually concentrate on a story and knit at the same time. Happy fall knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sylvia. It can be hard to listen and work on something complicated at the same time, but that blanket was anything but complicated. And sometimes authors are too wordy, so if you miss a bit it's okay. ;-)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same thing! I was like, "Whoops! A month, seriously??" LOL

    I adore your blanket! I have never tried Tunsian crochet. I might need to look that up... after baby comes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have an excuse for being busy or tired!

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...