Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Julia's Cheese Soufflé

::We take a break from our regularly-schedule Primal eating for a recipe from Julia Child on The French Chef!::


Her cheese soufflé was a little more work than it seemed on her show. I was happy to have my little sous chef assisting and photographing as we went!


The béchamel sauce was amazingly smooth and thick thanks to her suggestion of adding hot milk instead of cold.


After the addition of egg yolks and salt and pepper.


Egg whites beaten stiff with cream of tartar and a pinch of salt. 


Egg whites and cheese folded in carefully!


I'm not sure my foil collar was necessary since my pot was a little wider than hers. It might not have spilled over the sides.


It was perfect! And so delicious....and fun to make. Served with a green salad on the side it was a nice summer dinner---except for the oven being on for 45 minutes on a hot afternoon.

Have you made a soufflé? Or any of Julia's recipes? I'd love to know what to try next!

3 comments:

  1. The only soufflés I have made are faux soufflés. I would love to taste Julia's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what a faux soufflé is, unless it's like a Dutch Pancake which we make in a blender. The soufflé tasted like a cheesy version of that, and it would be much simpler to make it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make a sweet potato "soufflé" at thanksgiving, but it's mostly mashed sweet potatoes with eggs and sugar. And breakfast casseroles are faux soufflés as well. No real tricks there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...